JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Summertime Cover by Goodman family

Hero1

• Admin

This rapper who is part of the goodman family.. aka dana goodman who was first involved as jazzy jeff fresh prince's manager for rock the house..has done a cover of summertime.. check it out:

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/audio/summermadnessremix.mp3

U know, my attitude is kinda like "leave the classic alone!" but they did a dope job on this. The production is dope. It's a perfect mix of the old with the new. The vocals are nice too. Is there a place to get this?

Edited by JumpinJack AJ

In agreement for JJ+FP to not sue the Goodman family for jacking their song, they will do a remixed version of "Scary Story" that has Dana Goodman saying his own lines in the song. lol

• Admin

Artist & Title:

Mansion TUTT ft/ Latif "SUMMERTIME 2010"
The artist that did the remake on the song is from the Goodman family. Mansion TUTT'S Lastname is Goodman and this is "THE GOODMAN FAMILY"
http://www.myspace.com/mansiontutt
& Have a look at this.. Will wasn't lying about guns n stuff..

Very interesting. That documentary featured that late 90'sish looking pic of JJ+FP with him. It looks like their past and legal beef co-exists with some kind of respect. They needed each other but it's clear that JJ+FP was the talent and Word Up Records was just the stepping stone. I had no idea Da Youngsta's were part of the Goodman family. I know they were cool with JJ+FP but I didn't know about the connection. I think I remember looking in my Three Times Dope cassette cover at one point and I remember them shouting out JJ+FP as well. Interesting stuff.

• 1 year later...