JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willow Smith : Whip My Hair

MissAshley

“Yes it’s true I wrote Willow Smith’s Whip My Hair, that’s why she says ‘hop up out the bed, turn my swag on’. We getting $$$ in 2011 no games.” From Soulja Boys Twitter

Haha ya'll gonna be mad. Maybe even denie it. Haha.

http://blogs.bet.com/music/soundOff/soulja-boy-did-not-write-willow-smiths-whip-my-hair/

"Me and Jazzy Jeff are collaborating on an album this year. I’m still hosting parties, working on songs. We’re working on some stuff for Willow Smith’s album."

Maybe they are..

See Willow Smith Watch 'Whip My Hair' Viral Videos

Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair' became an instant hit as an awesomely danceable song with a flashy music video to match. But the Internet flood of parodies and tributes certainly didn't hurt.

'Sesame Street' characters singing along, scores of dancers and singers posting their own interpretations, a 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' scene featuring Will Smith seeming to groove to 'Whip My Hair' -- nothing has been off limits, and there was no way we weren't talking to Willow about it during her recent visit to PopEater.

Asked if it's surreal seeing her dad whip his hair to her jam, Willow brushed it off: "He does it all the time. It's not that weird." See Willow's reactions to more 'Whip My Hair' viral videos after the jump!

Watch video here: http://www.popeater.com/2011/01/04/whip-my-hair-viral-videos/

I'd be happier if Skillz and Jeff were doing something for a new JJFP album....

http://www.rapbasement.com/soulja-boy/010610-producer-says-soulja-boy-did-not-create-willow-smiths-whip-my-hair-track-listen-watch-here.html

Soulja boy is as wack as a person can be.. I dont wanna be happy at a persons suffering, but I grinned when I heard he only sold 13000 copies on his first week of the new album, lol

Edited by VIsqo

Willow Smith Gives Jessie J Whiplash

Willow Smith had everyone from Bruce Springsteen to “Sesame Street” characters whipping their hair last year. But the 10-year-old singer’s breakout hit left one famous fan with a neck injury.

Jessie J thinks Willow’s “Whip My Hair” should come with a warning after she ended up with whiplash. “They should put a leaflet inside the single so you don’t get 10 year olds with whiplash all over the world ’cause I know when I did it, it was really unexpected the pain I was in the next day,” the British singer-songwriter tells Rap-Up.com.

Despite causing her unintended pain, Jessie has lots of love for little Willow. “She’s incredible. She’s in a league of her own and she’s got the coolest mum and dad in the world.”

The feeling seems to be mutual as Willow has called upon the “Do It Like a Dude” singer to write for her debut album. “I’ve been sent a beat that they want me to write to,” shares Jessie. “It’s one of those things where it may happen, it may not, but I’ll put an idea down and hope for the best.”

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/01/11/willow-smith-gives-jessie-j-whiplash/

Willow Smith Chats About Meeting Taylor Swift on Radio Disney

This is part of her interview with Radio Disney we posted 2 months ago. Willow talks about meeting Taylor Swift at her concert, plus sings some of Selena Gomez' "A Year Without Rain" and Allstar Weekend's "Come Down with Love"!

Edited by Ale

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Are any of the older cats really feeling this song? I hated it at first, but I'm 27 and I seriously can't get it out of my head. It's irritating, yet catchy at the same time, and it really makes me wants to sing along and nod my head.

Shiiiitttt, did I really just confess to that? :mmph: