JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willow Smith : Whip My Hair

MissAshley

Well to be honest if it was my kid i wouldnt want them to be in showbiz until they were at least 16. Showbiz kids either end up as nobodys or end up in some kind of trouble. But Will and Jada seem to know what they are doing so im just hoping Willow turns out differently from all the other celeb kids.

Raven Symone and Jackie Evancho said to tell you guys hi, lol.
Hmm, odd is not a word I would use, though I do understand the concern people have for her age. I think it was on Access Hollywood she was asked if she was ready to do this forever, and she said "we'll see how it goes" so it seems like she's not limiting herself to this or basing her whole life on it. I guess I just don't worry about their kids being in the business because of the type of people/parents Will and Jada seem to be.

I have my doubts, too and hope that she doesn't get on the wrong path like many other celeb kids (sex, drugs, alcohol, etc.) But on the other hand, Will just did grow up in front of our eyes in the show biz. From girls ain't nothing but trouble to now MIB 3.

Its all about parenting, I think they will Guide her through the right path. Im just a little preoccupied by the liberties they let her take with the hair and the dressing stuff. Thats all..

Willow Smith: Whip My Christmas Hair!

Willow Smith breaks out her holiday spirit with a performance of her hit song, Whip My Hair, at the 2010 Holiday Tree Lighting at L.A. Live on Saturday (December 4) in Los Angeles.

The 10-year-old daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith pumped up the crowd along with other performers including Seal, Pauly D, Jessica Lowndes and Stevie Wonder.

Willow’s candy cane pigtails are so cute!

10+ pictures inside of Willow Smith whipping her Christmas hair…

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/12/05/willow-smith-whip-my-christmas-hair/

willow-xmas.jpg

I really don't agree with most of the stuff going on here. Will and Jada seem to be very serious about good parenting and the business. I hasn't crossed my mind that Willow would go bad due to the business. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Sometime fame causes it. Will and Jada look like great parents and they've both been famous for decades. I also don't see her as a gimmick at all. She's doing her thing and her parents are staying the shadows. They aren't taking center stage...they are staying at the sidelines. I think they found a very good formula of mixing the current day sound with quality. The song is catchy and is getting support by TV and radio (that is also supporting untalented people who are having success with awful music). Jada has always had style. Jada has always had a booming voice. Willow has inherited that. To say say's being dressed up and pushed out there without talent to back it up is ridiculous. The song may be polished in the studio, but she is singing live in all or most of the performances I've seen online. The song isn't auto-tune or anything. I think she's just using the bold voice she got from her mama.

I find it strange that some people who support today's crappy popular music are being more critical of Willow then of garbage they support. Willow is more talented and has more style than over half of the urban artists who are having big success at the moment.

I really don't agree with most of the stuff going on here. Will and Jada seem to be very serious about good parenting and the business. I hasn't crossed my mind that Willow would go bad due to the business. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Sometime fame causes it. Will and Jada look like great parents and they've both been famous for decades. I also don't see her as a gimmick at all. She's doing her thing and her parents are staying the shadows. They aren't taking center stage...they are staying at the sidelines. I think they found a very good formula of mixing the current day sound with quality. The song is catchy and is getting support by TV and radio (that is also supporting untalented people who are having success with awful music). Jada has always had style. Jada has always had a booming voice. Willow has inherited that. To say say's being dressed up and pushed out there without talent to back it up is ridiculous. The song may be polished in the studio, but she is singing live in all or most of the performances I've seen online. The song isn't auto-tune or anything. I think she's just using the bold voice she got from her mama.

I find it strange that some people who support today's crappy popular music are being more critical of Willow then of garbage they support. Willow is more talented and has more style than over half of the urban artists who are having big success at the moment.

Let's just say we agree to disagree. My opinion: She is too young to have a style or a real opinion of her own, which makes everything she does a gimmik. I like the song, but it's nothing more than a bubble gum pop song, chances are very, very little that we are looking at the next MJB here. She is a singing Lil Mama, that's all. Child friendly, pop based blackmusic for the urban Nickelodeon crowd. The only diffrence is, Lil Mama is old enough to know what she is doing.

Edited by Turntable

ITA AJ. And the fact that Jaden recorded a song, shot a video and toured the country with Justin Bieber, (and didn't get nearly as much backlash) just makes me think a lot of the criticism toward Willow is filled with double standards. It's one thing to say she can't sing or you don't like her song but the amount of vitriol against her (not necessarily in this forum) makes me shake my head sometimes.

Jaden recorded that song because he had to to promote the movie I think. Next to that, Jaden is a lil older than Willow, those years make quite a diffrence when it comes to judgement. But I agree with you, no need to wish her bad things, I wish her all the good in the world.

You're pretty much illustrating the point I was making about double standards. Jaden started training for and filming KK (in which he had a staring role) when he was 10 almost 11, a year older than Willow is now. Months after the film came out on dvd he was still(and might still be) touring with JB, either way you look at it, they're all child performers. One could argue that at 10/11 Jaden had no business carrying a movie because of his 'judgement'. We'll have to go the "agree to disagree" route as well b/c I don't think I ten year old child can't have a style or opinion of their own, that's honestly one of the most bizarre things i've heard in a long time. Their parents are there to guide them and make sure they don't get overwhelmed, and so far they seem to be doing fine, time will tell best.

anyway ONTDhas scans of the EW Entertainers of the Year the kids are featured