JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willow Smith : Whip My Hair

MissAshley

Nine year old wonder Willow Smith’s debut single ‘Whip My Hair’ is on course to be a bonafide smash, if its iTunes standing is anything to go by.

The youngest of the Smith clan, who turns 10 this Sunday, has seen the hard-hitting single exceed all sales expectations following its release two days ago. After speedily breaking the iTunes top 100, top 50, and eventually the top 10, ‘Whip My Hair’ currently sits at #2 on the chart. Bested only by Ke$ha’s ‘We R Who We R’, which is proving to be quite the force.

Smith’s ’style inspiration’ Rihanna occupies the #5 spot with ‘Only Girl’.

With iTunes standing as the biggest impactor of chart positions on the Billboard Hot 100, it’s now a certainty that ‘Whip My Hair’ will make its way into the top 10 there next week.

Go Willow! :clap:

Edited by gosia

Willow Smith confirms UK single release

Willow Smith has confirmed that her debut single will be released in the UK.

The 9-year-old star, who recently signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation label, will be releasing 'Whip My Hair' in the UK on November 22.

The song, which has clocked up millions of YouTube hits and garnered major critical praise, debuted on the US singles chart this week at number 78, but is expected to climb next week after surging up the download chart.

Smith recently revealed that the song has a message of self-acceptance for girls.

"'Whip My Hair' means don't be afraid to be yourself," she explained. "And don't let anybody tell you that that's wrong. Because the best thing is you."

Smith's mother Jada recently revealed that she is helping Willow prepare her debut album.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a284976/willow-smith-confirms-uk-single-release.html

Guest slatkica

She said that she's going to perform live with dancers,background singers...everything.I'm sure that she'll be great,she is talented but to be honest her way is much,much easier than some ordinary but also talented child.She got best from everything:producers,coreographers,dancers,make-up artist etc.Anyway,I'm looking forward to see this.

P.S.Sorry for my English.I'm from Europe and my English is very,very bad:-)

Willow Smith Braces Herself For Ellen DeGeneres

gallery4714251.jpg

Tuesday, November 2 is an important day that will likely radically re-shape America's immediate future.

Election Day? No, Willow Smith's first television appearance—duh!

The 10-year-old "Whip My Hair" chanteuse will make her small-screen debut on The Ellen DeGeneres Show tomorrow, and as the above sneak-peek photo reveals, the musically inclined child of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith does her premiere while wearing a neck brace—so that she doesn't injure herself from all of her incessant hair-whipping.

The brace was actually a gift to Smith—who will perform her hit song on the show—from talk show host DeGeneres, who told Willow upon presenting it,

"Because you have such great style I want to make sure if you do ever hurt your head you will be in style. You can wear a neck brace...You wear that on all your tours."

What do you think of Willow's latest fashion accessory? Let us know in the comments section.

http://www.celebuzz.com/willow-smith-braces-herself-ellen-s269251/

Willow Smith Performs “Whip My Hair” On Ellen DeGeneres Show (Video)

The adorable Willow Smith delivered her first live TV performance on the Ellen DeGeneres show. Opening with an acappella version of Rihanna‘s “Only Girl In The World” the 9 year old superstar launched into an energetic and well choreographed performance. Watch it now:

Willow also sat down with Ellen, and spoke about her stage nerves, her love for singing, the meaning behind “Whip My Hair” (isn’t it reaching a little to pretend the song has a deeper context? Let’s all accept it’s about a nine year old doing a child-friendly Dutty Wine) and Ellen gives her a very special gift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgzJRpcQnoY

http://www.soulculture.co.uk/blogs/music-blog/willow-smith-visits-ellen-degeneres-show-video/

Willow Smith Performs “Whip My Hair” On Ellen DeGeneres Show (Video)

The adorable Willow Smith delivered her first live TV performance on the Ellen DeGeneres show. Opening with an acappella version of Rihanna‘s “Only Girl In The World” the 9 year old superstar launched into an energetic and well choreographed performance. Watch it now:

Willow also sat down with Ellen, and spoke about her stage nerves, her love for singing, the meaning behind “Whip My Hair” (isn’t it reaching a little to pretend the song has a deeper context? Let’s all accept it’s about a nine year old doing a child-friendly Dutty Wine) and Ellen gives her a very special gift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgzJRpcQnoY

http://www.soulculture.co.uk/blogs/music-blog/willow-smith-visits-ellen-degeneres-show-video/

Oleeee

I'm gonna end up being fan of a 10 years old girl but after seeing her 1st live performance I think she's gonna get better and better.

I'd love to see a duet with her dad in her album.

tumblr_la53qkV65q1qze2kwo1_500.gif

Edited by Sandy

OMG!!! That kid is great! Her performance was way beyond my expectations, WOW, good job Willow. I don't know what Will and Jada feed their kids with but they should def start selling it, damn... :clap: Oh and dear Rihanna, this is how you perform live. :monkey1:

Edited by gosia