JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will in the next Kathryn Bigelow movie?

Radewart

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/paramount-projects-exposed-will-smith-kathryn-bigelow-jj-abrams-20208

It's a long post, but the stuff about Will is near the top:

" "Hurt Locker" director Kathryn Bigelow has met with Will Smith for her next feature film "Triple Frontier." "

Further down it mentions that she also met with Sean Penn, Javier Bardem, and Christian Bale to be part of this ensemble picture. I really hope Will would do this, but I'm not optimastic.

'Hurt Locker' was a good movie but very overrated IMO. I don't think it deserved those 6 Oscars, including Best Picture. There were other movies that deserved it more, like 'UP', for example. But it seems the Academy isn't ready to give that award to an animated film yet. Shame. Hope things change next year with the wonderful 'Toy Story 3'. For me, it's the best movie of the year (so far). Much better than 'Inception' or 'Shutter Island'.

But back on topic, I'd like to see Will working with Bigelow. Since she won the Best Director Oscar (making History as first female winning that award), her upcoming projects will become more interesting.

I am not sure Will is going to sign on the project. They plan to start shooting it December/January. Will is about to start shooting MIB3. Since it's 3D I'm sure the shooting will take a while. I don't think he's going to do one movie right after another. Not to mantion family obligations like Trey's football season that's about to start too...