JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to play a Vampire?

Radewart

Sounds like Will wants to get some of that "Twilight" money...

"EXCLUSIVE: Will Smith has attached himself to star in and produce The Legend Of Cain, an epic re-telling of the Biblical sibling tale, this time with a vampiric twist. Smith will play Cain, the original Bad Boy, and he will produce with Overbrook Entertainment partners Jada Pinkett Smith (his wife), James Lassiter, and Ken Stovitz. The script was written by Caleeb Pinkett and Dan Knauf, with Andrea Berloff revising. No studio or director yet for the Overbrook project. The production company is coming off The Karate Kid, which has so far grossed more that. $210 million worldwide. Smith is currently promoting that film internationally and in August he begins filming Men In Black 3."

link: http://www.deadline.com/hollywood

Since when was Jada's brother a screenwriter?

Edited by Radewart

Caleeb wrote 'The 7th Commandment' in 2005. I remember seeing this project a long time ago.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0791213/

This looks bad.. is the source reliable?

Yeah, the site's real reliable. It was the first one to report that Will had committed to MIB 3. It also was the first to have who the new Spiderman was gonna be. Still, Will is attached to so many projects and will be busy with MIB 3 for awhile, so things can change. I really hope he does that Denzel movie next, if not that, then Bad Boys 3.

Overall I hope this doesn't happen. With the Twilight garbage being popular it will just come across and trendy stuff. On the other hand, when everyone heard he was doing Men In Black they were like "oh no, not another alien movie." When we saw the trailer, everyone was like "oh, this alien movie is nothing like Independence Day." Could this movie work and be good...probably. Do I wanna see it happen? Not really. Other than Bad Boys 3 and MIIIB, I'm not excited for ANY of the movie news I've heard. Enough is enough...time for a new album. :monkey1:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I love will smith movies and I am the big fan of will smith.I don't know why will smith make movie on vampire story.There are lots of movie on vampire.But if story is different than I would wish watch the movie.Without watching movie we can not make decision about movie.So wait for movie and watch the movie because If will smith work in movie its mean movie is fully entertain.