JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Da Rebirth - Airplanes (Remix)

So, I've finally started recording, some of you have heard it through Facebook already, but any further opinions would be much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnPZ_6TVrYI

Download link: http://usershare.net/z69ic4gzt5u4

Yeah, I 1st heard this on Facebook. I think redoing a song is a risky move. The plus side is that you'll get people checking out the song that ordinarily wouldn't check it out but u also have the tough challenge of making your take on it as dope as the song you are redoing. I love the flow on the 1st verse. I love the lyrics to the 2nd verse but I think the flow loses it's pace just a little bit. I also feel like you are definitely good but possibly a bit reserved since it's a 1st recording. U sounded a bit stiff here or there (mostly on the adlibs). Almost like you are holding back. Just loosen up a bit before the next recording. Nice effort and nice work making the song your own with those lyrics. We'll be waiting for the next thing.

Appreciate the feedback and your honest opinion and advice about the track, AJ. I'm reasonably happy with it as a first recording, it wont be the final cut, it was pretty much just an experiment and attempt to find my flow/voice etc. For sure, I need to work on my mic presence and hopefully that'll come with time an effort, its weird how even though you're alone you still have to develop full confidence in your ability before you can let rip fully on the mic, its something I'm without doubt gonna work on. Thanks again for the opinion, bro, much appreciated.

The flow is gonna improve, I have no doubt about it. The important thing is that the lyrics are there and the timing was really good. Its just a matter of getting comfortable with the song and just let it go naturally without forcing it.. Im waiting for this album of yours man!

• 6 months later...

So what's the deal with the album then? Is there going to be one? How far have you got with it? Any names you got in mind for it?

I musta missed this, sorry bro. It was the Eminem Mixtape as you probably guessed. New mixtape this year, started already.

Now I feel I've got the hang of recording a little better, heres a new version of Airplanes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLBMHO8zwtI

and my latest track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74FQHz5kyxA

You have a good flow and you can write good lyrics! I do think you have to work on the way you bring your personality into your flow, if you know what I mean, it sounds a bit "random" too me.. if that makes any sense. And I think you have to find the right style, because your voice doesn't realy work for me on B.O.B./50 Cent/Add-big-US-Rapper-here Tracks (I do think the 50 Cent track is the best one you made tho, I like that one, somehow reminds me of a british Eminem). But you have potential, keep it up.

Edited by Turntable

You have a good flow and you can write good lyrics! I do think you have to work on the way you bring your personality into your flow, if you know what I mean, it sounds a bit "random" too me.. if that makes any sense. And I think you have to find the right style, because your voice doesn't realy work for me on B.O.B./50 Cent/Add-big-US-Rapper-here Tracks (I do think the 50 Cent track is the best one you made tho, I like that one, somehow reminds me of a british Eminem). But you have potential, keep it up.

Appreciate the feedback man. I agree I need to start showing more emotion and personality in my delivery, hopefully that'll come with experience. I always consider myself a writer first, and a rapper second. Not the first person to say it reminds you of a british Eminem. Thanks for checking them out bro.

Edited by Big Willie