JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PUFFY FIRES BACK AT 50 CENT

Ooooohhhh....crappy rappers fighting each other.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diddy Fires Back at 50 Cent

50 Cent has been highly critical of rap mogul Diddy as of late, attacking him for aligning himself with 50's rival, Rick Ross, and questioning his artistry. Last night, at BET's post awards show, Diddy fired back, albeit without mentioning any names.

"Yo, let's stop the hate, man. Congratulate!" an enthusiastic Diddy yelled, at the end of the show. "Hate is for suckers. If you hatin', you'se a sucka, and you ashy, and your breath stinks. And you know who I'm talking to, you hatin' a-s crab!"

50 dissed Diddy back in 2006 on a mixtape track called "Hip Hop," implying that Diddy knew who killed his former partner Biggie Smalls, but was too scared to do anything about it. Though they later squashed their beef, it was rekindled apparently, when Diddy began managing Rick Ross.

In recent interviews, 50 has questioned Diddy's relationship with Nicki Minaj and Ross, who the Bad Boy boss controversially compared to Biggie and Lil Kim. Furthermore, 50 said Diddy's "not an artist," and that he's bad for hip-hop.

"His music sucks," 50 said in an interview. "It's bad. He's not an artist anyway, so it doesn't really matter. When you think about it, is he a rapper? Because he says he doesn't write rhymes, he writes checks. Like the same things that I would say are wrong with a Rick Ross project, it's not authenticity to what he's doing. Now he's a singer?...Why does Rick Ross remind him of Biggie? Any Biggie fan objects to that. So how can he say that?"

In a recent performance at the House of Blues in Boston, 50 took it a step further, calling out Diddy and saying, "F--- that n----, tell him I said that s---." We'll be interested to see how this develops, now that Diddy's put together his Dream Team, which includes Ross, Fabolous, Busta Rhymes, DJ Khaled, Nicki Minaj and Red Cafe.

Puffy needs to understand that 50 just does that, and that there's no way he can fight 50 lyrically without getting Ethered and losing.. The best thing to do with 50 is to ignore him to see if it passes.. I admire Diddy because of his energy and hustle. Theres noone moving so many cards for so long in the game. The guy seems to be everywhere and distributing everything. Making money. Artist? I dont know about that, even though in this show: Inside the actors" he showed another part of himself..

I don't know if 50 wants to mess with Puffy 'cause he got a lot of friends in the music industry and could hire the right ghostwriter to destroy him in a battle, haha

I don't like 50's music, but I like how he's standing up for real hip-hop. As far as I'm concerned, Diddy was NEVER real hip-hop. He was always "pop rap" as far as I remember. Real rappers don't write checks, they write RHYMES. Diddy's the opposite.

"Puff Daddy, enough already.
Now it's P. Diddy, still sounds s**tty."
- Afroman: "Whack Rappers"

I don't think either of them are good. I've heard a good bit of stuff from each of them over the years and they rarely ever say anything relevant (if they say anything at all). Neither of them have flow and each of them occasionally chooses really good production.

Truthfully 50's a better artist than Puffy is, I thought his last album actually had some good songs on it, but I hate that he's such an ego maniac and I think from that alone is the reason why not that many people like him anymore so I wouldn't mind seeing Puffy go at him and overall Puffy's aligned with more credible artists than 50 is so I don't think 50's smart here to go at Puffy...

Edited by bigted

I see him as a pretty good business man and nothing else. I can't consider him a producer. Stealing a beat in it's entirety and attempting to rap on it isn't producing.

He has produced several songs without stealing or sampling the whole beat, they are just not that famous.. Also he has launched (and then destroyed lol) many great careers and his focus on quality that we can see in his reality shows is pretty inspiring for young people getting into the music business. The guy is always into something new.

Yeah, it's amazing how many people couldn't come back after Bad Boy. Faith did alright with her last album but she hasn't done much since ( and I believe she was the greatest thing Bad Boy ever had). Craig Mack was the illest emcee Bad Boy ever had, but his 2nd album w/o Bad Boy only stirred things up a bit before disappearing. The only other thing he did that was well-known was when he rejoined Bad Boy for a short period in 2002. Total made some music even tho' they weren't the biggest talent but they disappeared. Mase's fire burned away by 1999. His comeback album on Bad Boy did okay but he's been but as an "artist" he's been silenced and doesn't now who he is. Dream was a nice group but they couldn't form another album after BB. There's a smattering of artists of artist and rappers we could go down but each of them only had some success with a single or 2...up to 2 albums at the most.

Puffy is rich, famous, and occasionally has success for himself. That's all the good I can really say about him. His artists haven't had lasting success. His own career as a "producer" or "rapper" has never been consistent. It's hard to imagine him as a person who cares much for other people outside of himself. He also has a history of treating people like crap. Just ask Steve Stout....lol.

When it comes to 50, all I can judge is some of the music I've heard and the interviews I've seen/read. As a rapper, there's nothing really impressive about him (lyrically, flow, voice, etc). I've never seen his acting but I don't know if I care to see it. By his interviews, he isn't the most intelligent person or the nicest person. He also seems focused on himself and often childlike in his attitude.

It's not my job to judge character but I like to support people like Fresh Prince, LL Cool J, Heavy D, Ahmad, etc....guys who are nice, down to earth, funny, talented, positive, etc. Most of their careers are also filled with good music, movies, projects, etc.

50 Cent continues to diss Diddy

http://www.rapbasement.com/50-cent/070510-diddy-continues-his-argument-with-diddy-by-responding-to-diddys-latest-jab-watch-here.html

"Puffy is like the Ugly B*tch on a girls group"..

This. is. On.!

http://www.rapbasement.com/50-cent/070810-50-cent-continues-his-anti-didd-campaign-details-here-click-now.html

Diddy needs to do something about this..