JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eminem - Recovery

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eminem exceded all expectations by selling almost 754,000 copies on its first week!

Read about it here:

http://www.rapbasement.com/sales-charts/062910-hip-hop-and-rb-billboard-soundscan-sales-charts-for-the-week-ending-june-27th.html

Well I give Em credit for having a loyal fanbase but I give him even more credit for putting out a good album finally after all those years

I wouldn't go that far to say that people are buying quality for a change completely when The Roots album only sells 49,000 copies in the first week, Nas/Damien Marley are falling off the charts fast, and I don't even see Keith Sweat's new album mentioned, it's nice that people bought a good Eminem album but he's far from the only good artist out there

From AOL News...

Eminem's 'Recovery' Expected to Break Platinum

Although record sales are at an all-time-low, Eminem continues to consistently keep going platinum. The Detroit rapper's latest, 'Recovery,' debuted at No.1 on Billboard's American and European Albums charts -- his sixth straight No.1 album -- and remains at No.1 on both the U.S. and U.K. charts in its second week of release,

Though many doubted Em would be able to continue his streak, especially after 'Recovery' leaked, the album sold 741,000 copies in its first week, and is expected to move a projected 320-340,000 more in the U.S. in its second week, making it the best-selling U.S. debut since 2008.

The album's Rihanna-featuring single, 'Love the Way You Lie,' is currently burning up the singles charts, alongside the album's first single, 'Not Afraid.' A slew of other album tracks are currently on Billboard's Hot 100, including 'No Love,' '25 to Life,' 'Won't Back Down,' 'Space Bound' and more. It's not like they predicted another platinum plaque for Em for the season seven finale of 'Entourage' or something. Oh, wait -- they did.

Congrats to Eminem on his good sales.. Showing he doesnt have to make fun of other artists or make silly MTV videos to be able to sell. I hope all this inspire him to make a classic out of his next album.

Yeah, I love that he's broken the mold of his previous stuff. No goofy annoying song as the lead single. He's done acting stupider than he is. He's done dressing like an 18 year old thug-wanna be. Even though I like Dr. Dre, I think his lack of involvement on this album is the main reason the sound of the album is so fresh and new. D12 also isn't on the album which is great cuz they are awful (tho' I liked "How Come" and cracked up at "My Band"). Now if only he can stop doing songs with wack rappers like Lil' Wayne and Drake.

http://www.rapbasement.com/sales-charts/070610-hip-hop-and-rb-billboard-soundscan-sales-charts-for-the-week-ending-july-4th.html

he reached platinum in 2 weeks as predicted.

I'm really impressed with this album, it is a very mature, cohesive album, Eminem has grown up (finally lol) and it is a good sound, he is mature, reflective, introspective while proving he is still one of the best lyricists in the game.

Another week with 200 k sells for the album in number one! It has done way better than I ever imagined.. Sad for the roots or Big Boi albums though..

http://www.rapbasement.com/sales-charts/080310-hip-hop-and-rb-billboard-soundscan-sales-charts-for-the-week-ending-august-1st.html

Eminem is still the best selling rapper, now on number 2 on billboards.. Wow, too bad for Rick Ross, that album will be gold on January now..

" Fat Joe's new "Darkside" album debuts at 30th spot with only 11,180 copies sold" Uff, poor fat joe will have to try something new like only releasing mixtapes or working in tours with some other artists, because album selling is dead to him..