JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will mentioned on LA Sentinel's Top 25 All Time Rap Stars List

Let's be real. When Hip-Hop heads are praising Eazy-E, we are recognizing that fact that is the godfather of hardcore Hip-Hop...which evolved to Gangsta Rap. He really planted roots for the west coast. Especially when it came go giving the west coast a sound that was original and different from the rest of the Hip-Hop coming from the east. Russell Simmons does deserve the title of the 1st record executive and entrepreneur of hip-hop, but Eazy-E was probably the second. And he didn't exactly takes Russell's formula to do it. He pioneered things his way. Eazy-E deserves props as a figure in Hip-Hop...however, as an emcee, he was never that impressive.

R.I.P.

Hey hey, AJ, actually Ice T deserves the tittle of inventing and evolving whats called hardcore rap, not Eazy..

Well they're both legends in my book, it's like Bill Russell and Michael Jordan in basketball

All of the above, and Eminem???

Drake is the most f upped choice he made, dude didn't even release an album yet, how can he be on anyones list yet? At least some of those other wack cats have/had respectable careers, but Drake??! I however do think Eminme should be on there, even tho I soemhow do not like any of his albums, but that dude can spit like the best of them, he wouldn;t make my top 10 but when it comes to skillz that dude should definitly be in the top 25.

Edited by Turntable

Eminem's the most overrated rapper in the history of the game to me 'cause he sold the highest among any other rapper ever while there's always been other rappers that were better than him, even when he was good when he first came out I never considered him one of the best, the amount of skills he has is average compared to the legends of the game, he's not the worst but he's nowhere near the best so he's the most overrated 'cause there's at least 25 rappers that deserve to have higher career sales than he's had....

Edited by bigted

I think consistency is also the key. Will has consistently put out great albums over the past 20 odd years whereas some of the others either haven't put out enough....or been very up and down. Going on to the point Ted made about Em....I do think when he was at his peak (circa Infinite/SSLP)there were not many in the game that could hang with him lyrically! Since then is a completely different matter as I believe he fell WAAAAY off but back in the day I would have considered him one of the best lyricist.

Edited by Da Brakes

Eminem's the most overrated rapper in the history of the game to me 'cause he sold the highest among any other rapper ever while there's always been other rappers that were better than him, even when he was good when he first came out I never considered him one of the best, the amount of skills he has is average compared to the legends of the game, he's not the worst but he's nowhere near the best so he's the most overrated 'cause there's at least 25 rappers that deserve to have higher career sales than he's had....

100% agree.

I think consistency is also the key. Will has consistently put out great albums over the past 20 odd years whereas some of the others either haven't put out enough....or been very up and down. Going on to the point Ted made about Em....I do think when he was at his peak (circa Infinite/SSLP)there were not many in the game that could hang with him lyrically! Since then is a completely different matter as I believe he fell WAAAAY off but back in the day I would have considered him one of the best lyricist.

There was a lot better rappers out when Eminem was at his peak 10-12 years ago, maybe if he was at his peak now I'd feel differently 'cause most rappers suck these days,I agree consistency is why I'd say he isn't that high as well...

• 1 month later...