JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XX

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Dre feat. Mary J. Blige and Rel "The Message", there needs to be songs like this on Detox:
http://fwww.youtube.com/watch?v=ox08JlPo9w0

RIHANNA - California King
Loud (2010)

I'm happy with this album. It's a step in the right direction. Hard just wasn't that good. Trying to be all disturbed, explicit, and goth was stupid. Loud has her actually singing again, better lyrics, better subject matter, everything. She put more color into her music. This is more on the level of Good Girl Gone Bad. I still think her 1st 2 albums had a better formula.

I liked Rihannas first album, because the way she mixed "modern-day -Ahanti-like-R&B" with island sounds was fresh. After that she fell off hard in my opinion. Most did tho. Beyonce and Kelly Rowland for example. Only MJB and Mariah did their thing. Ashantis last album was nice too, but thats a while ago, it was her best album in my opinion.

Edited by Turntable

It's another lovely day to be alive!:

DMX "Who We Be", people sleep on his "The Great Depression" album but to me it was better than Nas' "Stillmatic" and Jay-Z "The Blueprint" were in that time period and listening to it now show how it's stood the test of time too, DMX needs to bring his next album to this level again, that's still my favorite album from him after all those years, I remember bumping that album every day when I was a junior in high school: