JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XX

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This song never fails to amp me up!

I made a DMX mix the other day. It took me 2 a good place.

METHOD MAN + LEFT EYE "Cradle Rock"
Tical 2000: Judgment Day (1998(

I was always mad that she never actually spit a verse on this. Edited by JumpinJack AJ

LL Cool J Feat. Fat Joe & Sheek Louch "Come and Party With Me"

Ted, let's just say that was one of half of the songs off Exit 13 that didn't make it to the mixtape I made. I was so unsatisfied with some of those songs on Exit 13 that this may be the 5th time I've heard it. I just really didn't like half of the songs on that album. I think this song is awful...lol.

TLC - My Life
FanMail (1999)

I think it's funny that a lot of Left Eye's work with TLC was just a verse on their songs but that she crammed more relevant and focused lyrics with more creative writing than most popular rappers do on their entire album.

"Exit 13" might not be on the level of some LL's classic albums but the material on there's still better than most of the radio stuff out these days, I think it's cool that he collabed with Fat Joe & Sheek Louch 'cause they're talented rappers and the song might've been tighter if it was more aggressive street song like "4, 3, 2, 1" but it's a cool club banger, LL does try too hard to please everyone sometimes you could admit, I get the feeling if Def Jam properly promoted "Exit 13" it probably could've gone diamond like FP's "Big Willie Style" did 'cause it's a good pop rap album, I take it for what it is.... Yeah Left Eye's one of the best mcs ever, she put out a lot of strong, witty, and intelligent lyrics in those TLC songs... Btw I'm listening to "Lost and Found" album right now....

Edited by bigted

Exit 13 is LL's worst album hands down (in my opinion). I think I only liked 8 songs off it and rarely listen 2 those. I've never not liked an LL song until that album and I don't think that song u posted has anything going for it. :/ But that Snoop Dogg song is DOPE!! That's exactly why he's still doing his thing and can switch his style up yet be himself over whatever sound he's rhyming over.

LEFT EYE - Cherry
(Unreleased) (?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLqROHaZxUU

I love the song. It has early 90's sensibility but I can tell she did it in the late 90's...maybe early 2000's. It's hard 2 pinpoint.

LEFT EYE + BLAQUE - Head To The Sky
Supernova (2001)

This song applies more to music NOW more than it did back in 2001.

Snoop's always been the man without a doubt, you just don't get more cooler than him, I'm actually bumping "Pump Ya Brakes" right now, and basically in the 2000s some of LL's songs has been more aimed towards the "top 40" than his earlier vintage material where it had more of a sound of his own but lyrically he always brings it, I'd like to see him do his next album like he was originally planning to do with "10" by enlisting his original producers like Rick Rubin and Marley Marl to handle the bulk of the sounds on it...

MC Shan "The Bridge", LL sampled this song on "Dear Hip Hop" which is one of the tracks from "Exit 13" that a lot of hip hop heads praise: