JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 cent drops 50 pounds for new movie

VIsqo

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/05/27/50-cent-drops-50-pounds/#mb

Ale posted this article on facebook and I decided to repost it in here, people look at that picture and tell me what you think.. Oh and sorry, I dont know how to bring the article with the picture here..

50 Cent drops 54 pounds for new movie

Whoa! 50 Cent (real name: Curtis Jackson) made a hell of a sacrifice for his upcoming movie. Usually the MC looks like an NFL linebacker. But for his starring role in the Mario Van Peebles-directed Things Fall Apart, a movie he wrote, 50 dropped 54 pounds to play a college football player battling cancer. On a liquid diet and three-hour-a-day treadmill stints, he went from 214 pounds to a sickly 160 pounds, reports US Weekly.

It’s not unusual for actors to lose extreme weight for movie parts. Matt Damon got bony for Courage Under Fire. Will Smith shrunk for Seven Pounds, and Christian Bale got frail for The Machinist. But those were all for major releases. There’s no word yet on if this movie will hit theaters or not.

Maybe this will be 50′s breakout role. But there’s a good chance it won’t. As an actor, 50 Cent has only starred in a handful of major releases and straight-to-DVD castoffs. His film debut came in 2005 with the semi-autobiographical Get Rich or Die Tryin’, and in 2008 he acted alongside Robert De Niro and Al Pacino in the commercial flop Righteous Kill. All of his showings suggest that he should stick to his day job, though it seems he’s bent on Hollywood stardom.

50′s currently out on his national Invitation tour and back in fighting shape. On his website, a recent picture shows a healthier 50 rapping with his G-Unit mates Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo. Check out another picture of the slim 50 after the jump.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/05/27/50-cent-drops-50-pounds/

Are u serious???

Oh and sorry, I dont know how to bring the article with the picture here..

I had the same problem. There you go anyway!

50_Cent_1052583a.jpg50_Cent_1052584a.jpg

Shocking pictures to say the least. The movie better be good..

he looks crazy, he's one ugly dude

:pound:

Edited by Ale

Wow! What can I say? I don't respect 50 Cent that much. I haven't heard lyrics or talent from him that make me respect him as a rapper. I've heard him say a lot of stupid things in interviews that make it hard for me 2 respect him as a person. But I gotta give him props for that kind of commitment. I didn't know he was THAT serious about acting. He looks awful in those pictures. It says he's playing a character with cancer. Are those pix of him "in character" or does he naturally look that bad at that weight. All I can say is "WOW!"

I think that if he made that much of an effort to do this movie he must be very serious about acting, cause this is almost killing himself..

I think "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" was 50's last good album and he definately comes off as a jerk but I give him props for dedicating himself right there for this movie