JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eminem is the Artist of the Decade

VIsqo

Eminem is the Artist of the Decade

Eminem has officially bagged the award for being the highest selling artist of the decade in the U.S. Nielsen Soundscan presented Em with his award for selling an astonishing 32 million records in the 2000s. Em's mentors Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine were present to see him pick up the plaque. After a 4-year hiatus, Slim Shady returned with Relapse in 2009. The 37-year old rapper is putting finishing touches on a follow-up album titled Recovery, set for June 22nd. His new single "I'm Not Afraid," produced by Boi-1da, impacted radio last week. Other rumored producers on Recovery include: Dr. Dre, Jim Jonsin, and Just Blaze.

rap.about.com

http://www.rapbasement.com/eminem/120909-a-new-report-says-that-eminem-is-the-top-selling-artist-of-the-decade-beating-out-the-beatles.html

A nice list there too

http://www.rapbasement.com/the-game/050710-the-game-and-diddys-upcoming-albums-pushed-back-to-avoid-competing-with-eminem-watch-here.html

Lol, it seems that now only Drake wants to compete with Slim Shady..

If Eminem was the top selling artist of the 2000s that doesn't say much about 2000s music, Eminem was one of the worst artists after "Marshall Mathers LP", and from what I heard on his latest single it's a lil' bit better than what he's been doing but it's not that earth shattering that everybody has to push their release dates back for...

Edited by bigted

Well, he will be platinum again, thats for sure.. Perhaps he will do better with this album than he did on the relapse..

I'm more on Eminem's side than I have been in the past 8-10 years. Like many of you, I just got sick of what he turned to right after dropping The Marshal Mathers LP. Why I think he's changing his stuff up for the better and I'm interested in where his work is going again, I don't think he should represent music like that. Congratz on the success. That's undeniable. But with all of the other artists in all of music who impacted the last decade, better music was clearly available.

Yeah his new single's good and he's been releasing some hot freestyles lately, the way it's looking he might actually put out a better album this time but there's still other artists out there that deserve more recognition... I give him credit for doing music to cater to a certain audience but I'm not that amazed by him to call him the king of music, record sales don't indicate greatness 'cause if that were the case Vanilla Ice would be a hip hop legend since he sold more records than Rakim...

Edited by bigted

Yeah a lot of the rappers like Mos and Talib are better and more consistant than Eminem but they never sold themselves out so they don't get that much exposure

Regardless of how he fell off after MMLP, and how he's now rejuvinating his career, I struggle to find anyone else whose had the impact Em has on the industry over the last ten years. Like him or not, this guy has reshaped the music scene. Unquestionably.