JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Men in Black 3

Radewart

Exclusive: Go Behind the Scenes of 'MiB 3'

Will Smith is back as Agent J in Men in Black 3 – with a double dose of Agent K, young and old -- and tonight ET has an exclusive look behind the scenes at one of this summer's biggest sci-fi sequels! Watch the video for a sneak peek, then tune in tonight for much more!

http://www.etonline....iB_3/index.html

Video is now available:

http://www.etonline....iB_3/index.html

Edited by Ale

Will Smith holds up two Men in Black DVDs and his Agent J sunglasses at a photo call for the film’s third installment on Thursday (May 3) at the Four Seasons in Los Angeles.

Co-stars Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin joined the 43-year-old actor at the event, just a few weeks before Men in Black 3‘s May 25 release date.

Pics!

http://www.justjared...-3-clip-poster/

Edited by Ale

Great interview!

'Men in Black 3's Will Smith credits Arnold Schwarzenegger for his fame

"Men in Black 3" star Will Smith checked international superstardom off his bucket list years ago. But he credits "The Terminator" himself (Arnold Schwarzenegger) for teaching him a thing or two about being major.

"I was in Australia in 1990 with Sylvester Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis; they were opening Planet Hollywood," Smith says. "It was just the first year of 'Fresh Prince,' so I'm like [looking around], 'Oh yeah, this is crazy. This is great!'"

Smith, busy promoting "MiB 3" at a press junket, continues. "I'm sitting there with those guys, and Arnold says, 'Young man, I want you to know, you cannot just be a movie star in the United States. You're only a movie star if they know you around the world.' Then Bruce talked about it for a little while. They put that into my mind very clearly, and from that point, made it a point to open new markets. That's how you hold a movie star."

Fame first came Smith's way when he debuted as the hippest kid in Philly on hit sitcom, "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and his popularity hasn't waned since. Rapping, acting, media-moguling -- the energized comedian can handle a lot, and he does so with ceaseless enthusiasm. Even though, as he notes, the old days living with Uncle Phil are still his supreme distinction.

Remarks the actor, "What's crazy for me is that the 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' is the biggest thing I've ever done. It's just amazing how that television show was sort of a stroke of luck. Because of the amount of outlets for that show, a nine-year-old kid thinks it's brand new....Jaden [smith] just can't figure out how people thought it was okay for me to wear the clothes I was wearing. He's like, 'Dude, that just shouldn't be on TV.' Willow gets it."

Now promoting his first film in three years, Smith discussed the return of Agent J in the blockbuster sci-fi series, out May 25, an action comedy based on Marvel's comic book where aliens collide with CIA-ish agents in an often sloppy battle to run free on Planet Earth. In the third edition, Smith's character goes back in time to meet Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones) in his younger years (as played by Josh Brolin), and divert his partner's future assassination.

The actor is also currently in talks to star with Denzel Washington in a remake of "Uptown Saturday Night," though nothing has been confirmed.

"We're trying to get it together, me and Denzel. That would be a great thing. Again, the material has to be right to deserve all that man power," says the star. "When I first asked Denzel, he's like, 'I'm not funny, man.' I was like, 'That was funny, that you said that!' He was a little concerned about the comedy. We're working on it.'"

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/05/men-in-black-3s-will-smith-credits-arnold-schwarzenegger-for-his-fame.html

• Admin

Great interview!

'Men in Black 3's Will Smith credits Arnold Schwarzenegger for his fame

"Men in Black 3" star Will Smith checked international superstardom off his bucket list years ago. But he credits "The Terminator" himself (Arnold Schwarzenegger) for teaching him a thing or two about being major.

"I was in Australia in 1990 with Sylvester Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis; they were opening Planet Hollywood," Smith says. "It was just the first year of 'Fresh Prince,' so I'm like [looking around], 'Oh yeah, this is crazy. This is great!'"

That was actually 1997. I remember because I was actually there!

Will Smith: Aging Action Star?

Men in Black 3 star Will Smith revealed that his time as an action hero may be winding down in a new interview with The Insider's Kevin Frazier.

"At this point I feel like I got a few more years of running and jumping over stuff before I gotta let the next generation take that," Will admitted.

Will's own son Jaden, 13, seems poised to take the torch from his dad, as they star opposite each other in the upcoming sci-fi film After Earth, but it's Will's 19-year-old son Trey who keeps him on his toes.

"My kids are coming at me a little bit," said Will. "They get that thing where they bump into you at the house ... Right now I'll just clip them every once in a while," joked the Oscar nominee.

The long-awaited third installment of the Men in Black franchise finds Agents J (Will) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) feeling a little too old to battle unwieldy aliens day in and day out. But when history is somehow rewritten and K ceases to exist, J must travel back in time to put things right, literally diving right into 1969 to team up with a younger version of K (played by a pitch-perfect Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind.

Josh admitted that he couldn't do his impression in front of the Oscar winner.

"I know Tommy," Josh said, comparing the experience to portraying a childhood friend in front of everyone you know.

Although Josh revealed that Tommy hasn't personally given him any criticism on his performance, Tommy told Kevin that he likes what he's seen.

"I think Josh did a good job," Tommy stated simply.

VIDEO!

http://www.theinside...Men_in_Black_3/

Edited by Ale

Will Smith: My dreams are a reality

Will Smith's dream of "building a family" around his acting career has come true.

His aspirations have been realised since he became the father of three children. Will has son Willard from a previous marriage and son Jaden and daughter Willow with his wife Jada Pinkett Smith. His kids and wife are his first priority.

"The joy [of life now] is watching an idea that I had at seven? coming into fruition," he told Parade.

"I am actually building the family that I've always dreamed about... Building a family around the entertainment business. I love watching my kids and my family blossom from something that was a seed from a seven-year-old's mind."

Will has tried to keep his children grounded as they have grown up in the spotlight. His youngest kids Willow and Jaden are following in their parents' footsteps by showing interests in acting and music.

"The most difficult part of the whole thing is emotional management," he said of teaching the youngsters about handling fame.

"To have them connect to the artistry of what they create rather than connecting to the success or the adoration. Jada and I have been talking a lot about pulling back during teenage years because they are very formative."

Willow, 11, joined Justin Bieber for the European leg of his My World tour last year. She thoroughly enjoyed performing on stage, although Will has laughed he is unsure whether she realised how big the commitment was.

"In the middle of the Justin Bieber tour she saw a Russian ballerina or something and she was riveted," Will said.

"She wanted to go home and take ballet and it was like, 'No, honey, you have seven more tour dates.' [laughs] But now she is way gone on ballet. So it's the difficulty of letting the business go and let them develop in the way that is more natural for them."

Jaden, 13, has risen to fame as an actor after starring alongside his dad in The Pursuit of Happyness and then in The Karate Kid. He is now engaged in some friendly competition with his father.

"Jaden has a little bit of a predatory look in his eye. He is so coming for me," Will said.

"I tell him all the time, 'Son, I am going to teach you everything that I know and if you work hard, you can be the second biggest movie star in the world.'"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/will-smith-my-dreams-are-a-reality-16154261.html

-----

Josh Brolin: Will Smith is superhuman

Will Smith "is not human" says his Men in Black 3 co-star Josh Brolin.

The two actors appear alongside Tommy Lee Jones in the latest instalment of the science-fiction comedy franchise, which is due for release later this year.

In the new movie Tommy's character, Agent K, is at risk and Will's character Agent J teams up with the young Agent K - played by Josh - to save his partner and the future of humankind.

Josh was in awe of Will on set.

"I think I'm used to a lot more physical. I think Will had more. He had to jump off the factory, had to jump off the building and all that. Will had some running, Will had some crashing and falling. So the stunt work for me, was watching Will do stunt work," he smiled in an interview with ET online.

"Will is a machine when it comes to it. The guy works out all the time. He makes a point out of it, also. Unfortunately, I wasn't working out so much. I lost a lot of weight, but I wasn't working out a lot - for personal choices, I guess.

"But Will's a machine - Will's not human. He does this other thing. He's got another intention that I can't necessarily grasp. It's much higher than my ability."

Meanwhile, Tommy has revealed his own thoughts on time travel. The star says he wouldn't feel comfortable going back in time to the 60s.

"Oh hell no," he laughed.

"I don't think there are any good ol' days anywhere. This is the good ol' day. I think we're better now."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/josh-brolin-will-smith-is-superhuman-16154187.html