JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Men in Black 3

Radewart

• 2 weeks later...

Copley 'not confirmed for Men in Black 3'

Sharlto Copley has revealed that he is not yet confirmed to appear in upcoming comedy sci-fi sequel Men In Black 3.

The District 9 star told DS that fans should not believe what they read online about him being a certainty for a role.

Copley said: "I haven't confirmed it yet and they're still doing some changes to the script and a bunch of things, so we'll see what happens.

"I'm definitely looking at it, but nothing's been decided either way yet."

Click 'play' below to watch our interview with Sharlto:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a290855/copley-not-confirmed-for-men-in-black-3.html

• 2 weeks later...

Josh Brolin Calls 'Men In Black 3' Script 'Fantastic,' Promises 'It's Not Jonah Hex'

Last we heard from the "Men In Black 3" camp, the plan was to shoot the modern day scenes in the time-traveling sequel before the end of the year, then go on hiatus until February, when the scenes unfolding in 1969 will be filmed. However, there were rumors of some creative issues that played a role in the upcoming hiatus, possibly prompting a rewrite of the 1969-era plot.

When MTV News caught up with Josh Brolin during the press junket for his new film "True Grit," the actor heaped praise on the "Men In Black 3" script, but stepped cautiously around the rumors of script difficulties.

Watch Video here!

"Not yet," Brolin told MTV News when asked if he'd filmed any of his role in "Men In Black 3" yet — which makes sense, given that he'll play the 1969 version of Tommy Lee Jones' character.

However, asked whether he's happy with the existing script — or if a final draft has even been locked down — Brolin stepped a bit more carefully around the subject.

"It's not 'Jonah Hex,'" he joked, referring to the notorious, ever-changing "Jonah Hex" script that plagued his last comic book movie experience.

"I love that that's like the thing," he laughed. "There's 'No Country [For Old Men]' and then there's 'Jonah Hex.'"

"No, it's great, it's fantastic," he said of the current "Men In Black 3" script, "but that's all I can say."

Edited by Ale

Will's a Jr. like me, haha, I'm Big Ted Jr., my papa's Big Ted Sr., that's how we roll baby!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tommy Lee Jones on 'Men In Black III'

Well, that’s a relief. I’d like to talk briefly about what’s coming up for you. Are you done shooting Men in Black 3?

No. I have probably about a week to go.

Is it still fun to do those?

Men in Black is a hell of a lot of fun. I can’t think of any better company than Will Smith or [director] Barry Sonnenfeld. It’s just a pure joy all day, every day.

Can you give me a sense of the plot of this one?

No. I don’t really know what the plotline is. There are vast pieces of the script yet unwritten.

Even though there’s only one week of shooting left?

One week for me.

Does that mean that you die early on?

Well, that’s a strange concept. I don’t want to say too much about the movie because I don’t know a lot and I would like for audiences to anticipate buying a ticket.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/02/interview.html

'Men in Black III' production pushed back again

EXCLUSIVE: The theme song goes, “Here come the Men in Black.” But they’re not coming so fast.

After a hiatus of nearly two months, "Men in Black III," the third installment in the sci-fi/comedy franchise, was to resume production this week in New York. But studio Sony and the film's producers have pushed back the production date again. Shooting is now delayed to March 28 owing to ongoing script issues, according to a person close to the 3-D production who was not authorized to speak about it publicly.

The delay comes on the heels of a previous postponement and hiatus. The Will Smith sequel was initially set to start shooting in October. But producers delayed the start date by nearly a month (a New York Post report at the time noted creative disagreements between Smith and filmmakers, a report that Sony denied). About a month later, producers opted to break production of the film into two phases: the first part, set in the present, would begin in November and wrap before the holidays (it in fact did that), but the second part, set in 1969, would not begin shooting until mid-February.

In the meantime, "Catch Me If You Can" screenwriter Jeff Nathanson was brought in to do new work on the script, working off a previous draft by "Tropic Thunder" writer Etan Coen.

It's very unusual for a production of such scale to take a holiday break of nearly two months. At the time, producer Walter Parkes and a Sony spokesperson said that a mix of seasonal concerns and tax incentives, not creative disagreements, were responsible for the break.

"We had to start shooting this year to take advantage of New York State tax incentives, but we also needed to be able to shoot certain exteriors in warmer weather," Parkes told 24 Frames last year. "So back in July we had the idea to keep the start date but build in a hiatus so we could essentially extend the production to late spring.”

The person close to the production said that although producers had hoped they could begin shooting this week, the lack of a ready script made that impossible. Parkes and a Sony spokesman were not immediately available for comment.

The plot for the new film, which is being directed by Barry Sonnenfeld (helmer of the first two installments), takes the franchise further into whimsical territory. In addition to Smith as Agent J, Tommy Lee Jones reprises his role as the wisecracking Agent K in the present (the part already shot). Josh Brolin, through a time-travel twist, plays a young Agent K from 1969 who encounters countercultural figures such as Andy Warhol and Yoko Ono, according to a person who read a version of the script in November.

It's unclear if the delays will affect the movie's planned May 2012 release date.

After years of rumors, "Men in Black III" began to come together in 2009, as Sony looked to reprise the magic that made the franchise a global blockbuster. The initial two movies -- the first of which was released in 1997 and the second in 2002 -- tallied a whopping $1.03 billion in combined worldwide box office.

In a recent interview, Brolin told 24 Frames that the delays were making him a little impatient. "It’s one of those things where they say, 'OK, I’m going to go in a week' and then they say, 'Actually, it’s going to be two weeks.' OK, that’s all right. And then they go, 'OK, it’s going to be three,' " he said. "I mean, come on already."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/02/men-in-black-3-delayed-again-march-will-smith.html

Alice Eve Recruited For MIB III

She'll play a young Emma Thompson

Most of the recent news about Men In Black III has been distinctly dodgy, with reports in just the last couple of days about studio clashes, shifting shooting schedules and script rewrites by Catch Me If You Can’s Jeff Nathanson. So everyone involved is probably relieved that the latest word is some casting info, with Alice Eve signing on.

Last seen in She’s Out of My League and a small role in Sex and the City 2, Eve is on to play Olivia, hired by the MIB agency in 1969 as a secretary. Despite jealous claims she got the job because of her looks, Agent Oh proves to be a smart cookie, and, in the present day, she’s played by Emma Thompson and running the joint. We’re assuming here that MIB boss Zed, who in the first two movies was played by Rip Torn, may only be a cameo this time around.

The movie starts in the present day, and then sees Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) time-travelling back to the 1960s where J will team up with a younger version of K, played by Josh Brolin to – as usual – save the planet.

Despite the apparent script problems, director Barry Sonnenfeld has cobbled together an early version of the film’s first act (the modern-day scenes, which were filmed before Christmas) and convinced Sony to let him take some downtime to tweak the period sections with Nathanson and original scribe Etan Cohen. Hopefully it’ll make for a better film, with the 3D release still set for May 23 next year.
James White

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30199