JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kel Spencer...

Silver Tiger

First off. I'd like to tell AJ that I have "I Wish" on order at Virgin. Thanks for the help.

Now, to all. I've been trying to hear more of Kel Spencer for almost a year now. Problem is, you search for him online, all you get is lyrics. His site is gone now. And I know he's only playing live in the East, and even seems like that's not too often.

Last year I came in contact via email with someone who worked with a company Kel is involved with. We exchanged emails a few times. He told me he'd email me in a week on how I could buy Kel's 6 song CD. Email never came.

So to anyone that has any songs, or knows anything going on, know how I could hear more. Please help me out. Thanks for any help.

God Blessa!

You are probably talking about Marcus. He's the one who handled all of the online stuff for Kel's camp. I got "The Streets Know That" single along with 4 freestyles on it, but not the album. Me and Marcus talked 4 awhile but i havn't talked 2 him since late last summer or last fall. I was hoping 2 get the album off him but i'm not having any luck getting thru' 2 him. I'm guessing his e-mail address has changed.

Kel Spence is alot more talented than u'd ever know from his work with FP. He truely could have been the next big thing in Hip-Hop since Rakim.

Man, I still think the guy can. The only solo song I've heard from him is "I'm Wanted." This song is hot. That with the other few songs I've heard from him tell me he's great.

Joe. I've tried Amazon, Ebay, and MTV. Nada.

I'm really hoping the word that he's on FP's next album is true.

AJ, when I first talked to this guy (may have been Marcus), he said the name of company (maybe label). Do you happen to know what that is, I forgot it. If I know that I might be able to get more info.

Thanks for any more help.

God Blessa!

Kel Spencer could be one of the hottest things out. My best way 2 discribe him would be 2 throw Fresh Prince and Rakim in2 a blender, a dash of KRS-One, and a pintch of non-Deathrow 2Pac.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Sep 16 2004, 08:14 PM]Kel Spencer could be one of the hottest things out. My best way 2 discribe him would be 2 throw Fresh Prince and Rakim in2 a blender, a dash of KRS-One, and a pintch of non-Deathrow 2Pac.[/quote]
If you do that and add a lil' bit of Nas' and Slick Rick's storytelling you'd get me! :kekeke: