JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Peedi Crakk outta Jail

VIsqo

Turn stop discussing the obvious.. I dont know how u can think a lot of most people IQ.. Most of them are not looking for substance or lyrics in a song.. Most of the people are only looking for whats hot right now.. My friend doesnt like this Over song from Drake, but he plays it really loud on his car because that song is whats hot around here and everybody seems to like it when he plays it.. Does that make it a good song? Does that make them people smart?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Like i calling women b*tches all the time either (or ever, for that matter).

dont you listen to nas?

You need to fix that quote, because I'm not guilty of that broken grammar up there. I listen to Nas, yes. While Nas is known to use the word bitch, he also exemplifies a rapper that writes lyrics with thought behind them. It all goes back to what I initially said: I don't need a song to preach to me but I also don't need it to bat me over the head with an idiot stick.

Edited by Silver Tiger

How do you define idiocy? Just because somebody doesn't talk about something with much thought behind it, it doesn't have to be idiotic. Or do you also mean nice punchlines when you say "with thought behind them"? There are a lot of Rappers out there, that have no substance in their lyrics, even though they do not talk a lot of ish, because they are Punchline-Rappers. Take this line: "I got Summer hating on me ‘cause I’m hotter than the sun, got Spring hating on me ‘cause I ain’t never sprung, Winter hating on me ‘cause I’m colder than y’all, and I would never; I would never; I would never Fall/ I’m being hated by the seasons, so **** y’all hating for no reason." Is that a wack line? What about the Blackout Albums by Meth&Red. Most of the time, they only talk stupid ish on those records, yet I'd doubt somebody would dare to call that wack Hp Hop. Some Rappers, Jedi Mind Tricks for example, are known for f-ing up facts, yet most think they are inteligent because they try to talk about stuff that mathers.

Edited by Turntable

Yes, I think that lil' wayne line is wack. It is not creative and it's repetitive. The Blackout albums are not talking about too much important. But AGAIN, I don't need a song to preach to me but also I don't need to hear a bunch of nonsense either. Especially when it comes in such a creative-less, talent-less package as someone like lil' wayne (and the like).

I'm with Silver Tiger here, I don't need to be preached in every song for me to enjoy the music but there's a fine line between a chill out song and a wack song, I rather have fun listening to someone like Redman than Lil' Wayne

That's a cool line for Lil' Wayne but it still falls weak compared to the quotables by the great lyricists

• 1 year later...