JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

We Are The World 25

Da Brakes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the song came out incredible, the only thing that was missing was Will...

My friends were saying today that Will totally forgot about his fans lately.. They were reminding me how he felt so bad after wild wild west because he didnt deliver what his audience were waiting from him, and how noadays he doesnt even care about making a movie that most people would enjoy. Now we have a great song for haiti and once more he demostrates he just couldnt care about music here.. Im running out of ways to defend your decitions Will..

My friends were saying today that Will totally forgot about his fans lately.. They were reminding me how he felt so bad after wild wild west because he didnt deliver what his audience were waiting from him, and how noadays he doesnt even care about making a movie that most people would enjoy. Now we have a great song for haiti and once more he demostrates he just couldnt care about music here.. Im running out of ways to defend your decitions Will..

**** all that. I dont think he forgot about us, but if you insist he did, he did it to be a full time father, something his hectic schedule has stopped him doing for many years. What more defense about his recent decisions or lack there of, do you need?

I hate the fact T-Pain is on the remake. I feel more established rappers/singers should be on the record. T-Pain is just gimmick, im sorry but if you need a device to help you song, you have no singing abilities - end of story.

On a side note, as much as I'm dying for music, I understand he is a father. The more trash I listen to on the radio, the more I see where hes coming from. Even Jeff's wife (or soon to be wife) Lynnette told me how ****ed up the music industry is right now and I couldnt agree more. I was just listening to the track "Lost & Found" and man that song is amazing. Will did win an AMA in 05 so he can still do it.

Now we have a great song for haiti and once more he demostrates he just couldnt care about music here..

Did he have to participate in this song to prove he cares about music? :lookaround: I don't think so.

Plus, we don't know the reasons why he isn't on it..

Im running out of ways to defend your decitions Will..

Just don't defend him, he doesn't have to justify anything. He's just spending time with his family, which is great. He doesn't owe us anything. He doesn't owe your friends anything.

Edited by Ale

I agree that the T-Pain part was the weakest point of the song, but thank god it wasn't that long to ruin it altogether. On another note we don't know all the reasons why Will wasn't on the song either, there was some other artists that were scheduled to be on the song that didn't make it on the song as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Great record ..only flaw is was autotune really nessacary on here?

That was my biggest issue. U can't take anything autotune seriously. It requires no talent to use it. Why is that crap on the song. Even as a big LL fan, I don't know that the rap bit at the was necessary. They should have handled it like Jermaine Dupri's "What's Going On" which had like 8 different versions, one of them being a Hip-Hop version (a dope song). All the other rappers just standing by LL look awkward. Lil' Wayne shouldn't have been welcome...neither should have a few other rappers there.

Overall it is a great song with a great message.

Great record ..only flaw is was autotune really nessacary on here?

That was my biggest issue. U can't take anything autotune seriously. It requires no talent to use it. Why is that crap on the song. Even as a big LL fan, I don't know that the rap bit at the was necessary. They should have handled it like Jermaine Dupri's "What's Going On" which had like 8 different versions, one of them being a Hip-Hop version (a dope song). All the other rappers just standing by LL look awkward. Lil' Wayne shouldn't have been welcome...neither should have a few other rappers there.

Overall it is a great song with a great message.

Unbelievable.

Really who cares, people tastes dont define good music. This is a modern day version of We Are The World, modern day music is dominated by Lil Wayne type artists and the autotune. At least these artists are there doing something to try and make a difference. Honestly, I cant believe we are having such a debate over a charity single for a great cause. Its not aboout if they kept MJ, Lil Wayne was on it, they used autotune or Will Smith wasnt there, it's about raising funds for Haiti, cant we just focus on that and give every artist respect for agreeing/wanting to be on it? Because after all that is the BIGGEST issue.

Lil' Wayne isn't making music to uplift people. He's not promoting anything positive in his own music. So why, all of a sudden, does he wanna jump on a song that's about improving the state of the world? Mash that up with the fact that nobody over the age of 13 takes him seriously, the fact that he has no talent, and the fact that he is using a trendy gimmick on his vocals in a song that should be iconic. There some other artists on there that I'm not a fan of but it doesn't bother me that they are on the song because I don't view them doing this song as a way to be included with other great artists or to look good. I'm not viewing them as totally fake when it comes to the message. THAT is my issue. Not that fact that a wack rapper got included on a great song....tho' it doesn't help matters.