JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

We Are The World 25

Da Brakes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very good. I also think its great that they kept Michael. The combination of the diffrent artists is very good, they realy represent any popular music right now, Lionel has put a lot of thought in that it seems. Isnt it intresting, that when all those rappers are doing their part at once, the one you hear the most is LL? I like that part by the way, just as much as I like the other rap parts. Sure, Lil Wayne does not sound as good as Jennifer Hudson and raps in general do not fit the song the as much as singing, but it is important to include rappers as they represent the majoroty of todays youth, and this way they are adressed too.

Edited by Turntable

This song would mean nothing to me without Michael.

Isnt this song supposed to be about people in need and not about Michael being on it..? :ph34r:

For me, it's not just Michael being on it. He's the one who made the original. It's practically impossible to not associate this with him.

Isnt this song supposed to be about people in need and not about Michael being on it..? :ph34r:

For me, it's not just Michael being on it. He's the one who made the original. It's practically impossible to not associate this with him.

Well, he died, and there are still people alive who need the money coming form this song, and Lionel is still alive and it is also his song, its about the people, not about Michael.. and Michael was the first one to know that. I love the way they included him though, it seems like he was really there.

Well, he died, and there are still people alive who need the money coming form this song, and Lionel is still alive and it is also his song, its about the people, not about Michael.. and Michael was the first one to know that. I love the way they included him though, it seems like he was really there.

If it wasn't for Michael this song wouldnt excist in the first place, its important hes on it. Throughout his life he helped charities more than any other artist and its great that he continues to make money for charity after his death. Him being on this record will make even more money anyway, people are desperate for anything associated with him at the moment. It will help sales massively.

Its not just about Michael, its about helping, but Michael is a big part of this.

Incredible, just incredible.

I'm glad they kept MJ on the track, but even if they hadnt this is still an incredible production for a great cause. His vocals or not, this song will alwasy be connected to MJ, but thats not the issue, raising moeny for Haiti is.

Jennifer Hudson and Usher tore it up. Although its not a competition and both song are for the same cause, this absolutely owns the 'Everybody Hurts' song.

Amazing.

I just said it would somehow suck if people only would buy the songs if Michael is on it

Yes, but, on the other hand, it wouldn't be a bad thing either if more people bought the song because Michael is on it. The more money they get, the better. That's the most important, and that's why they've decided to keep Michael.

Edited by Ale

I think the point is, whatever can bring more awareness to the song and cause should be done, and MJ being on it willl no doubt do that. However its just a shame some people will buy it because of Michael and not because of the reason the song was made. But money for Haiti is money for Haiti, however you get it.