JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Wants to Become US President

Ale

Jada Pinkett Smith has revealed that her husband Will Smith is seriously considering swapping his acting career for politics and is even considering one day running for President of the United States.

"Will is thinking about going into politics," she said. "He once said he could imagine becoming a US president. He wasn't joking, he was quite serious about it. Will and I want to leave traces on this planet - and with that I mean more important traces than just films."

When Will finally decides to run for President, he may have some competition. Angelina Jolie has also previously expressed interest in running for the position, claiming that she could make a big difference.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=16575&count=0

Edited by Ale

Ok, first of all I would never vote for crazy "Id kiss my brother, hate my pops" Angelina. Second, Will would make a great president. Just not now, right now he should do a rap involving politics perhaps, lol

And the downward spiral continues. Don't get me wrong, I think it be dope to say "The Fresh Prince is the president" but I just want music and for him to handle his career like he did a few years ago.

• Admin

he clearly doesn't realize that you don't change anything in Politics..you don't leave a great imprint on society..all you do is become good at being a politician. What really disappoints me about Will's latest life theories is he undervalues the simple task of making people happy with his music and movies. If you can affect millions of people, maybe you only help them get through a day.. but that is an enormous impact. Unfortunately Will has either forgotten or doesn't quite get this anymore. :boggled: :mmph:

he clearly doesn't realize that you don't change anything in Politics..you don't leave a great imprint on society..all you do is become good at being a politician. What really disappoints me about Will's latest life theories is he undervalues the simple task of making people happy with his music and movies. If you can affect millions of people, maybe you only help them get through a day.. but that is an enormous impact. Unfortunately Will has either forgotten or doesn't quite get this anymore. :boggled: :mmph:

I agree 100 percent! Don't get me wrong, I love for who Will is, and the enthusiam of trying to change the world for a better place but I just don't feel itd be a comfortable spectrum for him right now. Everything is so corrupt, he can reach the masses with his music (yes his films but hes portraying someone else) and fully express his opinions and perspectives of everything. Of course, this is another cry for music but I mean, optimistically, out of anyone right now in the Rap and Hollywood world - he'd be the best candidate.

I'm sorry comments like this just flame the fire of people who hate Will, and I can't blame them for this one. What qualifies Will to be president? You want to help the world? Fine, donate some of your vast wealth. Pick a cause and promote it. However, quite trying to tell people how to live their lives and what's wrong with the world. I don't want to sound critical or cynical, but I'm tired of the generic inspiration quotes in every interview and over the top positvie message movies like Seven Pounds. Find a good script, work with top talent, and make a good movie! Hell, even releas an albulm and stop the constant humanitarian stuff.

First, Will said that someone took his words out of context during an interview saying that he wanted to be the next President of the United States. He said that it was just a misunderstanding, that he only said he could be the President if he wanted to, but that it wasn't the case because he wasn't interested in politics. And now this.. I think he's a bit confused about his future. It's obvious he wants to make an impact in the world, but, honestly, I can't see him as the President.

With his movies & music he makes many people happy, but probably he wants more. I just don't think politics is the answer for him. But hey, who could have thought some years ago that Schwarzenegger would become Governor of California? :laugh:

First, Will said that someone took his words out of context during an interview saying that he wanted to be the next President of the United States. He said that it was just a misunderstanding, that he only said he could be the President if he wanted to, but that it wasn't the case because he wasn't interested in politics. And now this.. I think he's a bit confused about his future. It's obvious he wants to make an impact in the world, but, honestly, I can't see him as the President.

With his movies & music he makes many people happy, but probably he wants more. I just don't think politics is the answer for him. But hey, who could have thought some years ago that Schwarzenegger would become Governor of California? :laugh:

And Jada also said that if Will wanted to be president he'd have to divorce her first. They must be bored of money and fame and don't know what to do whith their lifes.

I want him to make movies and music!!!!

I don't understand why people who has nothing to do with politics want to be the president of a country!!

lol i dont believe what Will says anymore, first he wants to be president, then he says hes joking, now he wants to be president again.

I agree with what everyone else is saying, he can make much more of an impact on the world with his music and films. Mandela told Will they got 1 film a month in jail or something like that and that lifted them up so much.

I think a lot of young people are like me, they'll listen to an artist but they wont listen to a polititian. Let Obama do his thing Will and u do yours.

• Admin

I'm sorry comments like this just flame the fire of people who hate Will, and I can't blame them for this one. What qualifies Will to be president? You want to help the world? Fine, donate some of your vast wealth. Pick a cause and promote it. However, quite trying to tell people how to live their lives and what's wrong with the world. I don't want to sound critical or cynical, but I'm tired of the generic inspiration quotes in every interview and over the top positvie message movies like Seven Pounds. Find a good script, work with top talent, and make a good movie! Hell, even releas an albulm and stop the constant humanitarian stuff.

Well said! :clap:

Even though I agree with everyone here, that is the condensed version of the interview. It must be a slow news day for every site to be running with a German interview from a month ago, lol.

Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett Smith says her husband wants to be the US President.

Pinkett Smith has revealed her actor husband is seriously considering swapping the big screen for politics and has his eye on one day making it all the way to the White House.

"Will is thinking about going into politics. He once said he could imagine becoming a US president. He wasn't joking, he was quite serious about it," says Pinkett Smith.

Although Smith can imagine himself replacing Barack Obama as president, Pinkett Smith isn't bothered about becoming the First Lady, adding "It's just not for me."

However, Pinkett Smith does enjoy engaging in politics: she wants the education system in the US reformed and is prepared to campaign for change.

The Matrix Reloaded actress - who raises two children, 11-year-old Jaden and nine-year-old Willow, with Smith - told German magazine Bunte "Will and I want to leave traces on this planet - and with that I mean more important traces than just films."

Pinkett Smith, 38, and Smith, 41, are known for their philanthropic work and set up the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation, a charity which focuses on helping youths in urban inner cities.

This is probably just me but over these last few years Will seems really different to what he used to be. I can't quite put my finger on it but i think there's something different

For some odd reason i think of there being two Will Smith's. The Will Smith before Pursuit Of Happyness and the Will Smith after Pursuit Of Happyness