JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Pokémon fan earns world record with 12,000-item memorabilia collection

Ale

A Pokémon fan has earned a place in the record books with a memorabilia collection of more than 12,000 items related to the Nintendo franchise.

Published: 7:30AM GMT 21 Jan 2010

pokemonkb.jpg

Lisa Courtney is listed as having the biggest Pokémon collection in the world – 12,113 items – in the new edition of the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition, published today.

The 21-year-old, from Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, has spent 13 years building up the collection which she said has swelled to more than 13,400 since it was counted by Guinness record-checkers last year and fills most of the house she shares with mother Sharon.

''To be in the new Gamer's Edition and to hold a world record for something you feel so passionate about is just an indescribable feeling,'' she said.

''My family have been incredibly supportive considering the collection takes up the whole house, including my mother's room!

''I've even named the room where my main collection resides Pokemon Centre Europe.''

Miss Courtney began her love affair with Pokémon when she saw a picture of Pikachu in a Nintendo magazine and started collecting even though she had no idea what the characters were.

''My favourite is a plush toy of the character Absol,'' she said.

''I fell in love with it.''

She said she will never get bored of collecting: ''There's always something new coming out in Japan. There's so much out there.''

Miss Courtney has been to Japan five times and plans to go back this year for another ''spending spree''.

She is learning Japanese and hopes to one day become a Japanese teacher.

Guinness World Records 2010 Gamer's Edition is the third instalment of the series.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/7037681/Pokemon-fan-earns-world-record-with-12000-item-memorabilia-collection.html

-----

And I thought I was a freak.. :boxedin:

Edited by Ale

I only passed the yellow and the silver. Oh and the n64 one with the camera was fun.

silver is prolly the best game of pokemon and pokemon stadium is great also..im not ashamed to admit that i still play..and will...until i die lol