JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-Z Takes Lil Wayne Talent & Money Challenge

VIsqo

Jay-Z Takes Lil Wayne Talent & Money Challenge

Jay-Z recently responded to Birdman's statement that he isn't as lyrical or even has as much money as Lil Wayne, saying he will even put his bank accounts against Weezys. "Being lyrical is just a matter of opinion, it's who you like, so you know that's his opinion," Hov said about Birdman's comments. "As far as money, you know, that's a little more factual. We can determine that. It's gonna cost [to see my bank account]. Put it up, if he's that confident, I'll give him a little glimpse. It's crazy. Knock it off, but as far as being lyrical. That's for the viewers, that's everybody. I respect that, that's his guy so he's supposed to roll with his guy. I don't have no problems with that. I don't have problems with anybody, I want this to be my most positive year. I don't want no problems." [Jay-Z Responds To Birdman Saying Wayne Is More Lyrical & Rich - Watch Here]

Previously, Baby said he thinks that Lil Wayne outdoes Jigga. "Wayne the best he do the most and he make the most money. I dont think no n*gga in the business make more money than us. How could you be the best if you don't make the best money, the most money and you don't do the most. Lyrically, come on man be for real man can't nobody f*ck with Wayne. And to me, if you number one and you aint getting no money it don't mean nothing. Who's making the most money. That's number one to me. F*ck all that rap sh*t. Sh*t, y'all got cold rappers you never even heard and then you got n*ggas who really can't rap and making money. It's about who's making the most money to me. I don't give a f*ck about the rest of that sh*t."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First of all those were the exact words on the interview, sorry for the language..

http://www.rapbasement.com/jay-z/011410-jay-z-responds-to-baby-saying-lil-wayne-is-more-lyrical-and-rich-than-him-watch-here.html

Second, Baby sounds like a lil kid sayin like: My son has more money than you! lala lala For God sakes, who cares... But the lyrical thing, man please!

Is anyone else a little creeped out that grown men (mostly Wayne' s side) of making a big deal of money as if it were the most imporant thing in life? Is it disturbing that someone (Birdman) is saying Lil' Wayne is "lyrical" as in his rhymes are actually good. As in, he can speak like he has an education beyond 2nd grade. As in, u can understand this under pronounced jibberish.

Lol, actually Lil Wayne went to college, but it doesnt show on the way he talks, acts or rap for that matter.. And Birdman cannot talk about lyricism. First we aint sure that he actually writes his own lyrics, and second I dont know who he pays to write him his raps about the things he owns and will have.. Birdman shouldnt even be talking here..

The only thing missing is Birdman saying his Dad could beat up Jigga's Dad. This is school playground beef, Jigga should just tell the teacher Birdman is picking on him and have done with it.

Yawn. But if I was to give an opinion on this.... Lil Wayne <<<<< Jigga.... and I wouldnt reject eithers bank account.

Who Wouldnt? Those guys have been making tons and tons of money. I seriously hope 2010 can bring some good music in the beginning. 2009 was really dissapointing for me hip hop wise..

When it comes to rappers getting airplay Jay-Z' is one of the rare few left that're actually bearable to listen to, he's far superior to Lil' Wayne, yes 2009 was a dissapointment for radio hip hop but there was still some good stuff out there that got little or no airplay