JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rage Against the X-Factor Machine this Christmas

Ataraxia

• Members

For those outside of the UK that haven't heard all ready, there's a huge campaign going to get Rage Against The Machine's 'Killing in the Name' to the top of the charts this X-Mas, pipping the latest X-Factor cover.

I don't normally give a damn about who's number one in the commercial music charts when Christmas comes around, but I must admit I am quite intrigued by all this. For a start, the song 'Killing in the Name' is seventeen years old, and hardly Rage's best song, but the number of people that have latched onto the campaign in a bid of overhaul X-Factor is quite astonishing. Reportably, over £12,000 has been raised, also, for charity.

Read more info on this here:

http://andycarrington.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/rage-against-the-machine-for-christmas-number-one/

i dont want either rage or the x factor to be Christmas number 1, i want a christmas song. I enjoy watching the x factor but i hate that they always get number 1 with a rubbish song, it takes all the fun out of the Christmas number 1, but i would hate for rage aganst the machine to win, bcozs i can just imagine all the emos are sat in thier room crying that they hate christmas and want it more depressing.

What ever happened too all the decent Christmas songs, we're stuck listening to the same 30 songs every decemeber, artists need to write more.

i can just imagine all the emos are sat in thier room crying that they hate christmas and want it more depressing.

Haha, classic.

I think its great to finally have competition for the Christmas1 for the first time in years. X Factor has made it far too predictable. I'm not a huge fan of either song tho.

The great this is RATM have said they'll give all proceeds to charity and the Facebook group itself has now raise £40,000 for a homeless shelter.

• Members

Rage Against The Machine Singer Zack de la Rocha Swears on BBC Radio:

http://andycarrington.wordpress.com/2009/12/17/rage-month-rage-against-the-machine-singer-zack-de-la-rocha-swears-on-bbc-radio/

• Members

So, if you haven’t heard already, Rage Against The Machine are officially number one on the UK Christmas chart. I listened through the dribble on the radio, from such artists as 50 Cent and Lady Gaga, for three hours, anticipating if all the campaigning from the downloaders would actually pay off. I was absolutely ecstatic when I heard the final result. I felt fourteen again (probably the age I was when I last listened to the Top 40 countdown).

So I wrote an article on the whole subject. Below is a snippet. You can read the rest by clicking on the link underneath.

“I was once a misanthropist, despising anyone who would follow a commercial trend. But just before 7pm on the 20th December 2009 Rage Against The Machine’s ‘Killing in the Name’ was announced as the Christmas number one, and I quickly began to love a majority of people for their appetence, dedication and, yes, rage.”

Read on…

http://www.andycarrington.co.uk/theironyofrage

I don't normally give a damn about who's number one in the commercial music charts

there is no such thing as commercial music charts, its just music charts. its there cause people buy, the rest aint on there caus people do not buy it.. lol aint no such thing as commercial, there is just ish people buy and like and ish that people dont buy

Edited by Turntable

Only people that won here is the record company (and the charity lol). It was an interesting battle i'll give them that, but someone really needs to write a new Christmas song and get that to number 1, no more x factor, no more songs that are about 10 years old. Some1 please just write a decent song that people buy bcoz its good not bcoz some1 told them to.