JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi punched in the face and bloodied at Milan rally

Ale

alg_prime-minister_silvio-berlusconi.jpg

Italian news reports say a man punched Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi in the face at a rally in Milan.

Randy Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi was punched in the face at a rowdy rally in Milan Sunday.

Italian TV showed the dazed premier - his mouth a mass of blood - being hustled into a car and taken to a hospital.

The puncher -- Massimo Tartaglia, 42 -- was quickly bundled away by police.

"If they hadn't, there would have remained only scraps," said a witness, minister Ignazio La Russa, according to Corriere della Sera newspaper.

Video of the evening rally in the piazza in front of Milan's famous Duomo showed a chaotic scene as crowds surged around the bleeding president, who is a hearty 73.

An aide was crawling on the roof of his limo as he was stuffed inside by security men.

At one point Berlusconi tried to climb out and hoist himself onto the car to show he was all right, but fell back, looking confused.

Distraught fans - some of whom appeared to believe he'd been shot - looked on in horror.

Far-right politician Umberto Bossi declared the punch "an act of terrorism."

The hospital said the prime minister would be kept under medical observation for 24 hours as a precaution.

Corriere della Sera said a group of protesters shouted slogans during the rally, prompting Berlusconi to tell the crowd, "They paint me as a monster, but I don't think I am one - firstly because I am good-looking and secondly because I'm a good guy."

Berlusconi faces a number of bribery and corruption trials and has been caught up in a series of tawdry sex scandals.

His wife, actress Veronica Lario, announced in May she would seek a divorce amid allegations he was consorting with teenagers and prostitutes.

The Mail on Sunday in London reported that he spent Friday's European Union summit meeting doodling lady's underwear and then passing his sketches around to shocked world leaders.

The paper said Berlusconi drew a series of female undergarments through the ages - from Victorian bloomers to 21ts Century thongs - as the leaders discussed climate change in Brussels.

Among those present: Britain's Gordon Brown, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen.

Berlusconi -- a billionaire who controls many Italian institutions, including the football team AC Milan and major TV networks -- is the longest-serving Prime Minister of Italy, a position he has held three times since 1994.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2009/12/13/2009-12-13_silvio_berlusconi_italian_premiere_punched_in_the_face_at_milan_rally_reports.html

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I never liked him, I hope he gets well soon. Violence is never justified.

On occassions a violent act can be justified. The death penalty for a murderer, for example.

I disagree.

Shocking :pound:

Yeah, it was just a matter of time :laugh:

Edited by Ale

Though I never liked him, I hope he gets well soon. Violence is never justified.

On occassions a violent act can be justified. The death penalty for a murderer, for example.

I disagree.

What about stoping the Nazis in WW2 or Husein?

I wasn't talking about that, really. I meant the aggression to Berlusconi. U can't justify an act like that, no matter how good it makes you feel. The acts you're talking about form part of History and were done by many other reasons and circunstances.