JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Remembering The Victims of 9.11

3cookies

right ppl may hate me even more now...but dya know what the main problem in the world is...

Religion. only in the sense that the self righteous, arrogant, "religious leaders" of this world feel that they are the ones that are right, and if you dont belive in their way then your goin to hell. i know some very strongly devoted christians, muslims, you name it...and the more religious they think they are, the more arrogant and far from what i call true religious people are.

if your religious, surely u should respect, love and honour fellow man...i dont see that coming from these people.

ahem rant over, i appologise. yet again its 3 am and im back from boogying

[font="Arial"][color=blue]I agree with you, and can understand your point in full. I do not follow any particular religion,...but I do believe in the 'christian' FAITH and consider myself a spiritual person... People tend to separate themselves from others by the form of "religion" and personally, i think thats sad when they become so preoccupied with their religious beliefs, they tend to fall away from LOVE and compassion for one another. If I had to define what MY personal 'true' religious title was ... I could only defined in my heart as "LOVE" (for one another)... not catholic, baptist, muslim or any other religious title...

I just follow my own personal "spiritual" beliefs and don't judge anyone that may follow their own 'religious' beliefs,...but just try to love them as i would my own brother... It works for me, ...and so short,...thats what matters MOST to me... :thumb:

peace,
3cookies[/color][/font]

it sounds so so wrong, but i think i tend to class myself as a christian mainly because of some people in my life telling me that if i dont believe in god im going to hell. not a nice thing to think about. i believe in some of the basic teachings of christianity that we have all had to accept in life, well the majority of us moraly right people- such as stealing, murder etc.
but studying religious studies at a-level, i came to a weird point. i had really strong christians in my class and really strong atheists. i am a fence sitter. i would like to believe in an after life, someone who created us...but if god is omnipotent, omni benevolent etc then why would he let the innocent suffer...is it free will? its a comfort to think that there is this almighty presence, and that in times of desperation religion caan be a really good thing, it binds people together and gives hope that we will see loved ones again.
to be religious in my opinion is to be loving. i agree with you cookies, i think i am spiritual, and i follow what i think is right. i know right from wrong...but then humans can make mistakes. i dont think wars should be fought just because one person believes something different. we live in great countries that let you practise your own beliefs, i feel lucky that i have that right to choose. there are people in this world that have died because they thought differently, and thats sad.

i think when ppl are religious they should pretty much keep it to themselves. Im quite religious but most ppl wouldnt know otherwise bcoz i dont talk about it. Im not going to force my views onto any1 else and no1 else has the right to do the same to me and convince me that there is no such thing as God.

We had better be caeful with this discussion tho coz the last few religious discussions got locked, but whether u are a fanatical christian, muslim whatever, i dont think there is any point fighting over it and forcing ppls opinions, so all religions are wrong in a way.

sorry this is long..i just noticed it...

[font="Arial"][color=blue]Its not that these type discussions get locked solely for the purpose of "religion" issues,...but we have ALWAYS taken into consideration, there are many fans on this site from different walks of life...all around the world...and we all share a common "spiritual" realm,...which is LOVE and respect for one another as if we were truly a family unit... Regardless of our beliefs, its been this way every since i've ever posted..which is going on 5 to 6 years now...

But when we start making statements that are "opinionated" about what other ppl should or not do when it comes to their own personal beliefs, be it spiritual or religious, its not fair...because we begin to cross a thin line that can posssibly stir up hard feelings, or ppl dissing each other back n forth...and we try to avoid this at all costs... I"ve always been the peace maker,..but i have had my share of fights too...but, I don't see that happening at this moment. :thumb:

Yes, there is a lot of HATRED going on in the world that seems to surround religion, or beliefs of who God is, or why God allowed this or that to happen. There is only ONE God. And thats a God of LOVE who gave man free choice to make his own decisions, even the freedom of choosing to believe or not to believe in his existence, or choices of giving their free "will" to the devil., or being an 'athiest'. Some people are deceived into acts that are ungodly, and that could be contributed to the fact that they are just ignorant to the truth., and don't know any better. basically...

Whatever is in a person's heart will manifest outwardly through his or her actions and their future will be determined by the very choices THEY make in life,...God is not accountable for our actions... People must be responsible for their own choosing if he decides for example, to become an active terrorist wanting to bomb up thousands of people. ... and these people MUST be dealt with... if we sit back and just allow terrorist to go on doing the things they are doing,..then we all may be someday defeated and living in fear/ a sense of bondage and their "captivity"...

Id rather die, saving an innocent person's life versus allowing a terrorist to kill yet another innocent life because he is ignorant to the truth of what life is really about, which is growing, fulfillment and ultimately LOVE.

Just remember, "An evil thought can be a dangerous guest"... and people that are ignorant, will 'get away' with alot more, than when you are equipped with knowledge and the wisdom that God gives you. :thumb:

peace,
3cookies[/color][/font]