JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Movement on Bad Boys III

Radewart

I saw it last weekend and loved it. I thought they did a wonderful job telling a story that deserved to be told. There were major concerns in the industry and from fans alike that this was a cash grab that would result in a cheap, poorly made, nonsensical movie, but BB3 has surpassed the expectations of even some of the most ardent fans of the series. I like that they took special care to humanize Martin and Will, and provide some commentary on the consequences of the violence they so often found themselves in the middle of.  The humor was great, the acting was great, the action was great, though toned down from BB2, an the story was awesome. Definitely a movie to add to the collection.

• 4 weeks later...

I was disappointed with this movie unfortunately, but it was good to see Will/Martin again at least, they always have great chemistry together. But something about it felt contrived and almost devoid of heart and soul, I don't know. We're in an age of remakes and sequels, I heard Keanu will be doing another Matrix and Bill & Ted, but you know... it's just not the same as the old ones. It could just be that I was so much younger and easily impressed though, I'll have to go back and watch BB 1 & 2 to see if they actually stand the test of time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw Bad Boys For Life when it was still in theaters. I'm not gonna lie, I was underwhelmed. Some of the jokes and references to the past were too forced. Doing the Bad Boys/Cops theme song twice was too much. The villain was kind of weird and ill fitting for the Bad Boys franchise. Most of all, I absolutely hate what they did to Captain Howard. It's the only Bad Boys film that saw once in theaters. The others I had seen many times in theaters. 

I stewed in this underwhelmed state for while.  I've been staying out of stores for the most part with everything that's going on, but I did go into a store to pick up BBFL on blu-ray.  I will say that I enjoyed it more the second time around. Perhaps it's because my expectations had been lowered. There were still a few moments that I didn't like that much, but overall I enjoyed it much more the second time around. If they round it out with fourth, I hope they take it closer to its roots. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I was able to see Bad Boys For Life back in March, right before the COVID-19 quarantine hit here. I actually really enjoyed the movie. There were some plot holes, for sure, but it seemed very nostalgic and I couldn't stop smiling.

I was happy to see Captain Howard return along with Will and Martin for this film. It was sad to see him go and I am curious if there will be a Bad Boys 4 (Life) now.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

around the time that i was planning to see this movie my uncle skip passed away and covid had hit so i couldn't see it in the theater but i saw it finally the week before christmas when i bought it from amazon prime video digitally, not as good as the earlier bad boys but still one of the top movies of the century, will and martin are like shaq and kobe...