JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Movement on Bad Boys III

Radewart

Bad Boys 3 is really the only movie project I'm interested in seeing Will being involved in until the JJFP album comes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Martin Lawrence posted this on his Facebook:

Bad Boys III just wouldn’t be the same without Will Smith, am I right?
Are they EVEN considering the option of not having Will in the third part? There have been some rumors since Martin said there will be a third one insinuating that maybe Will won't appear in the movie.
I mean, are you serious? How can you make a 'Bad Boys' movie without Will? How can you make a 'Bad Boys' movie without Martin? It makes no sense at all.. :nono:
Edited by Ale

• 4 months later...
  • Admin

14 FEBRUARY 2015

Will Smith has revealed that the green light has yet to be given to Bad Boys 3.
ALSO IN

The US actor is expected to reprise his role as detective Mike Lowrey alongside Martin Lawrence as his partner Marcus Burnett in the third instalment, which has been in development for over six years.

"We've been thinking about it. There is a screenplay, but I don't know how far (it is at)," Will said.

He added: "We haven't decided to make it yet but everybody's into it so it could happen."

Both Bad Boys films, which were directed by Michael Bay and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, have been box office hits since the first film was released in 1995. The sequel followed in 2003.

Martin hinted that the third film would get the go-ahead when he appeared on Conan O'Brien's talk show last August, saying: "I just talked to Jerry. He said it's real, they're working on the script, getting closer. It all looks good."

And Jerry said in July 2014: "Well, we're working on an outline right now. Hopefully we'll get a screenplay in the next three months. And that will become a movie I hope."

Will, who has starred in box office hits such as Independence Day and Men In Black and next stars in Focus, revealed his priority is not on "Big Willie weekends" any more.

"Starting with Focus, I've decided I'm going to work a lot over the next couple of years and look at things more like an exploration. It's more about the people and having fun than about trying to make blockbusters," he said.

Focus, which also stars Margot Robbie, opens in UK cinemas on February 27.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/smith-bad-boys-3-still-in-the-air-30991716.html

• 3 months later...
  • Admin

this is rubbish that Sony are going to do Bad Boys 3 without Michael Bay -  that is his franchise! 

EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has been building up its franchises quickly, and now I’m hearing that Bad Boys 3 is looking like a strong possibility to get going. Safe House scribe David Guggenheim wrote a strong draft that now has Joe Carnahan in early talks to do a quick pass to possibly direct. I’m hearing this is all moving quickly as the studio wants to have the movie for Will Smith to consider as his next slot afterSuicide Squad. Smith starred in the first two high-action films with Martin Lawrence in 1995 and 2003. which Michael Bay directed. Carnahan certainly has that combustible style that goes with the franchise. He most recently directed the superb thriller The Grey. Stay tuned.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/joe-carnahan-bad-boys-3-will-smith-1201440459/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My friend posted this on my Facebook earlier today and I wasn't instantly taken over by joy!

Bad Boys 3 And 4 Get Release Dates

• Andrew Steinbeiser
  • - 08/05/2015

Bad-Boys-3-Writer-Hired

Sony Pictures has scheduled not one, but two new sequels for their Bad Boys franchise.

Bad Boys 3 is scheduled to hit theaters on February 17, 2017, while Bad Boys 4 will open a little over two years later, on July 3, 2019.

The original two Bad Boys films starred Will Smith and Martin Lawrence as hard-nosed cops who went on over-the-top police adventures. The two are rumored to star in a third Bad Boys film, but Sony hasn't confirmed their involvement yet. 

Are you excited to see a third and fourth Bad Boys film? Let us know in the comments.

And for more franchise movie release dates, head to ComicBook.com's movie database!

Observers are mixed on the slate (Jumanji?!), especially since many key talent details are not set (Will Smith will be involved in the revival of Bad Boys, for instance, but it's not clear whether he will star, produce or both, insiders say). But Rothman at least is greenlighting movies.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-rothman-sonys-post-pascal-814630

-----

If Will (and Martin) isn't finally the star of these movies, there's no point in making them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...