JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Movement on Bad Boys III

Radewart

A Script Exists For Bad Boys 3
By Katey Rich
Published: 2010-12-01 10:05:18

A Script Exists For Bad Boys 3 The headline in today's Variety is about writer Peter Craig being hired to adapt the Quebecois film De peer en floc as an American comedy
to be retitled Fathers and Guns. But the real news probably comes in the second-to-last paragraph, where they drop the news that Craig is also working on the script for Bad Boys 3, in development over at Sony.

The first we heard about the project possibly existing was Martin Lawrence hinting at it back in April. At that point he just admitted that "we've talked about" the movie
, and that they were waiting on producer Jerry Bruckheimer "to let us know when it's really real." It's hard to say if hiring a writer actually does mean it's real-- there are hundreds if not thousands of scripts lying dormant at studios this very moment for projects that will never, ever actually happen. But bringing on Craig, especially as his star rises thanks to his script for The Town, is a sign that at least somebody is taking it seriously over there. Once Michael Bay gets done blowing up the world one last time with Transformers Dark of the Moon, it may be time to revisit the rogue cops played by Lawrence and Will Smith.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/A-Script-Exists-For-Bad-Boys-3-21959.html

• Admin

A Script Exists For Bad Boys 3

By Katey Rich

Published: 2010-12-01 10:05:18

The first we heard about the project possibly existing was Martin Lawrence hinting at it back in April. At that point he just admitted that "we've talked about" the movie

, and that they were waiting on producer Jerry Bruckheimer "to let us know when it's really real." It's hard to say if hiring a writer actually does mean it's real-- there are hundreds if not thousands of scripts lying dormant at studios this very moment for projects that will never, ever actually happen. But bringing on Craig, especially as his star rises thanks to his script for The Town, is a sign that at least somebody is taking it seriously over there. Once Michael Bay gets done blowing up the world one last time with Transformers Dark of the Moon, it may be time to revisit the rogue cops played by Lawrence and Will Smith.

http://www.cinemable...ys-3-21959.html

This is why I'm excited.. They actually got a good scriptwriter..who has a lot more status in hollywood after the success of The Town.. so Sony would be more willing to greenlight this..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Martin Lawrence on 'Bad Boys 3':

Have you and Will Smith talked about doing a Bad Boys 3 at all?

LAWRENCE: Yeah, actually they’re writing the script, as we speak. We’re just waiting for it to come together. I think Jerry Bruckheimer is meeting with some of my people. Will came down to see me, when I was filming Death at a Funeral, and I was like, “What do you think? Do you think we can do it again?” And, he said, “Oh, most definitely! We’ve gotta do it again.” So, I think it’s going to happen, as long as we get Michael Bay back on board, which I hear he’s interested in doing it again. If we can get the whole team back together, then we have the best of both worlds.

Where would you like to see that go?

LAWRENCE: I enjoy shooting in Miami. It just depends on what other storyline you have in Miami. I don’t think that we would be cops in another city, or anything like that. I just want it to get better. With somebody like Michael Bay or Jerry Bruckheimer, the sky’s the limit. They like to blow things up, so I know we’ll be blowing some more things up. I’d just like to see us have a lot of fun, and me and Will stretch our acting range.

Do you know what you’ll be doing next?

LAWRENCE: Things are in the works. We’ve talked about Bad Boys 3. We’ve talked about me and Jamie Foxx doing a movie called The Skank Robbers, that takes the characters from Martin, Sheneneh and Wanda, and puts them together. They’re trying to work that script out. And, I’m probably going back out on a stand-up tour in April. I’m just going to have fun with it and let it ride until it’s time to come off the road.

http://collider.com/martin-lawrence-interview-big-mommas-like-father-like-son-bad-boys-3/76086/

-----

So according to Martin, 'Bad Boys 3' could be his next movie! That'd be great! :clap: Edited by Ale

Martin Lawrence offers 'Bad Boys 3' update

Martin Lawrence has revealed that he is still hoping to make Bad Boys 3.

Speaking to Digital Spy, the Big Mommas star said that all the key players from the first two action movies - Will Smith, director Michael Bay and producer Jerry Bruckheimer - are keen to return for a third instalment.

"They're working on a script now," he said. "That's something I think looks very real. Will told me that he wanted to do it as well. Michael Bay I heard was on board and Jerry Bruckheimer. We'll see."

Asked about a potential starting date for the sequel, Lawrence added: "Those guys are very busy. There's no timeline."

Click 'play' below to watch Martin Lawrence discuss Bad Boys 3:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a303747/martin-lawrence-offers-bad-boys-3-update.html

• 4 months later...

Interview with Michael Bay:

One thing that he's still hoping to make (and we're still hoping to see) is "Bad Boys 3," though it's just a matter of nailing down a concrete time frame with Will Smith, Martin Lawrence and the rest of the creative team.

"We talk about it," he said. "It's hard to get our schedules together but it's great working with those guys."

Video here!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/06/29/transformers-dark-of-the-moon-michael-bay-taylor-lautner-bad-boys-3/?xrs=share_twitter Edited by Ale

• 2 months later...

It's been quiet about this project for a while. But I hope all of them keep fighting for this project, so we'll see finally a third Bad Boys movie. I always liked Part 2 and I never understood why they haven't done a third one earlier.

yeah both bad boys movies are classics, there definately needs to be another one and i wanna hear some JJFP tracks on the soundtrack

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Let's not forget that he said roughly the same thing about Men In Black back in 2004 when I, Robot came out...he said "I, Robot" raised the bar for sci-fi films as far as he's concerned so MiB might not cut it....after seeing previews and clips for MIB3 I think it might be fun but it doesn't really look like it cleared the bar, what do you guys think? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Bad boys 3 is trending on Tweeter right now, the top topic, people everywhere is saying that the movie has been confirmed. Anybody knows something about this??