JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XIX

Da Brakes

i'm feeling that new cypress hill song, that beat shows pete rock's versatility, and I do agree that Kel got a lot of competition out there from a younger generation of mcs coming up but from what he's done so far he's definately talented enough to do it, in all fairness though it's gonna be tough for a lot of them to make it big 'cause a lot of these major labels don't promote the good stuff, if they did do that Lil' Wayne wouldn't have a deal and Kel would be going multiplatinum

Edited by bigted

Some of them have major deals and their doing good, they get the support from their labels, f.e. wale, but some of them have major deals and are beefing with them, like Saigon " I tried to help the label see the vision

But they lowered me to a subdivision, you gotta be ****in kiddin / They'd rather me pretend to be somethin I'm not, I'm the new Public Enemy, I'm different than Yung Joc". Most of them are on independent labels though, but they are still doing pretty well because they have solid fanbases and they tour around the world all the time

Well as I've been saying it's possible for a lot of talented mcs to have success at once if labels get off their BS:

LL Cool J "Pump My S***"

Killa Cam is back! I'm feeling that!

Jay Electronica "Exhibit C"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc09HB7nEbA

Guru & Lord Tariq "Knowledge"