JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

jill scott 193, 000 in 1st week

Hero1

• Admin
Four years after her introduction, Jill Scott's "Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds, Vol. 2" (Hidden Beach/A Touch of Jazz) bows at No. 3 with the best SoundScan week of her career. First week sales of 193,000 copies also lands the neo-soul songstress atop Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.

Scott's Grammy-nominated debut, "Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds, Vol. 1," opened at No. 168. The set went on to peak at No. 17 and has sold 2.3 million copies to date.

----------

awesome news~! for the album to do so well after being away for 4 years...

[font="Arial"][color=blue]Wow, thats real good news Tim. Jill is definately an inspiration to me. I put aside the August edition of Essence magazine with Jill on the cover, and i'm getting ready to read it sometyme tonight... she says "I feel so sexy, confident & loved"...haha...gone Jill!!! muah*. She really looks nice, and Im glad to see her taking really good care of herself too... That IS my gurl... :thumb:

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

Number 3!!! That's amazing!!! Jill Scott isn't super commercial like Ashanti so i'm really impressed with how she's done without alot of help from TV and radio (from my knowlege). Go on, Jill!!! It's great seeing an album this good do this well. 1st week sales are a big part of how it continues 2 sell, let's hope more sales follow.

Hopefully this will also re-spark the industry interest in DJ Jazzy Jeff + A Touch of Jazz just like her 1st album did.