JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Groups similar to JJFP

Here's a couple more:

Eric B. & Rakim

Pete Rock & CL Smooth

I agree, when answering a ?uestion like this, u are pulling bits and pieces of characteristics that JJ+FP have and that's it. U can say an emcee doesn't cuss or rarely cusses and that makes them kinda like JJ+FP. U could say they were out back in the mid-80's and that makes them like JJ+FP. U could say the group consists of an emcee and a DJ and that makes them like JJ+FP. U could say they mixed comedy in with their music or their lyrics were heavy with story telling and that made them like JJ+FP. There definitely isn't any other group like JJ+FP. Think about all of the groups that were out in the 80's and early 90's. They were all pretty different. Look at the commercial rap scene 2day. They are all pretty similar and fall in2 about 3 categories.

• Admin

I agree, when answering a ?uestion like this, u are pulling bits and pieces of characteristics that JJ+FP have and that's it. U can say an emcee doesn't cuss or rarely cusses and that makes them kinda like JJ+FP. U could say they were out back in the mid-80's and that makes them like JJ+FP. U could say the group consists of an emcee and a DJ and that makes them like JJ+FP. U could say they mixed comedy in with their music or their lyrics were heavy with story telling and that made them like JJ+FP. There definitely isn't any other group like JJ+FP. Think about all of the groups that were out in the 80's and early 90's. They were all pretty different. Look at the commercial rap scene 2day. They are all pretty similar and fall in2 about 3 categories.

Oh I totally agree with what you are saying here AJ.. I was thinking of making a similar point.. Also when Will made solo music without Jeff..and when Jeff makes solo music without Will .. its like they are both good but they somehow still miss that JJFP magic...