JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP.com Greatest Rapper of All Time

Da Brakes

Let's also keep in mind that the method of voting is totally wack. U have a handful of emcees and rappers paired against each other. Some greats had 2 go up against other greats, eliminating some great emcees in the very beginning...yet when u had a weaker rapper against another weak rapper, ONE OF THEM had 2 progress the next level when one of the greats HAD 2 be eliminated. I thought the voting method of this waz crap from the start. It was fun, but that's not it. I don't care who wins one bit. In my eyes, my top 10 favorite emcees are all my number one emcee. The next ten are amoungst my favz. It would be ridiculous for me (or anyone else 2 really number them. At the same time tho,' the very same things we are 2 keep in mind when voting are the same reasons they would be our pesonal opinion of the best emcee. I have 2 be real, when thinking about Fresh Prince against Rakim, i really get 2 thinking about everything. Is Rakim obviously better in every way? I mean, his releasing habits don't give us a whole lot 2 go off of. In the past 10 years he has released 2 studio albums. So much of his reputation is based off of his early career.

AJ regardless of whether an emcee is 'great' or not they would have had to be eliminated at some point. Its just the luck of the draw as to who they get matched up against. You cant hand pick certain people to go against others otherwise its already biased and totally based on the person who is organising it.

This was the fairest way to do it (random) but like I said we should have eliminated Will from the start.

How would you have done it different AJ?

I don't know....i think i would have did something where everyone had 5 votes and just had the list of emcees/rappers in front of them. After everyone had voted, the bottom 20% would be eliminated. Round 2 would have the remaining list and each person would have 3 or 4 votes. Then then the bottom percentage would be eliminated and so on. At least that way the most voted would be at the top for every round.

I see what your saying but that would not have produced a different winner to than this way. It would only mean that peoples favourite rapper would stay in longer before being eliminated. But such is life! This process won't please everyone! I'm not saying its the only way but in my opinion the fairest.

Besides, I like the match ups that this way has produced. Its made me really think about the battles!

AJ, like I said at the begining of all this when you complained about the system. It's to find the single best rapper. Not the top ten. Taking Rakim as an example, if he is truly the best rapper of all time, whether it be up against FP, or Lil Wayne, he would win the round. If an artist like Lil Wayne was to adavnce further than FP, it doesnt mean Wayne is a better emcee, it just means he maybe didnt face as tough competition. Just because a dope emcee got knocked out in the first round, doesnt mean they are'nt the second best rapper of all time. You're argument is pretty fluid when the idea of the vote was to find the singular best rapper ever, because regardless of how the voting system works, the same winner would still emerge.

i always knew Will would make this far..and i see very possible that he will win, haha....to obvious....anyways lets finish this and let the Internet laugh about the result :laugh: