JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP.com Greatest Rapper of All Time

Da Brakes

These were easy. So was the last one. The only one i'm dreading is Fresh Prince vs. Rakim. I would probably submerge myself in their entire body of works b4 voting on that one. I honestly can't see Common Sense beating Rakim...however, Common has stretched a bit more than Rakim during his career. Mos Def is nice but i also see him as kinda 1 sided musically. And when he does experiment, it's usually not a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Mos Def vs Will Smith

Will Smith wins with 57%

Rakim vs Common

Rakim wins with 83%

Finals to be posted soon!

One step closer to what will be percieved as the most bias vote in online history.

If Will wins the site has failed in it's job.

Lol, perhaps the women in here have been voting a lot for Will. My sister wanted to subscribe the page and vote for him because he is "cute"...Oh and she didnt had no idea of who were the other ones..

This is gonna be really really really a tough choice between Will and Rakim

Something tells me people have been voting for favourites and not by the criteria.

Exactly. This vote was based on skills and flow not by popularity. I think we all can agree we like Will as a rapper but seriously he is not in my top 10 list of emcees. I've always liked his style & the fact he stayed true to his style of rap. He is greatly slept on by critics/fans/the industry but at the same time this poll is clearly biased. We can have a real debate as to whether Will was a better emcee with Ice Cube(Round 3 - I didn't think so but I can see the argument) and Chuck D(Round 4 - Again I didn't vote for Will but I'll listen to the argument) but to say that Will is better than Nas(Quarterfinals)???

If Will beats Rakim then I have to say that this poll is completely based on anything but the criteria set forth. I support Will till the end & will defend his music career against any critic but this.... is just going a wee bit too far. LOL.