JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BET AWARDS

I'm wonder what y'all thought of the BET Awards. They were better than what i expected. With how awful the music industry is commercially i didn't expect much, but the show was good. I was very impressed that in 3 days, they totally changed the show 2 be a dedication 2 MJ. Jamie Foxx was funny and his MJ outfits were awesome. I don't remember too much of it but i thought the tribute 2 the O'Jay's was great. 2 see Tevin Campbell come back out of nowhere, unaged, and singing his heart out was awesome, followed by the super group tribute from Johnny Gill, Tyrese, and Trey Songz. Just...WOW!! Then when the O'Jay's took the stage, they didn't miss a beat. Ne-Yo's performance of "Lady In My Life" was FLAWLESS!!! Ciara showed us that she actually could sing with that stripped down version of "Heal The World." Beyonce's performance was good and a bit weird. I'm glad she didn't do any of the crappy songs off her current album. I'm not a big Jay-Z fan but i thought his performance was good. Jamie Foxx and T-Pain were pretty good even tho' I think that song is stupid. Then, when Ne-Yo presented the people he grew up on, i got crazy HYPE!! When Keith Sweat came out and did his thing, it was good (tho' his never been the best live singer)...then Guy came out and tore it up (tho' Aaron Hall didn't sound very rehearsed) and lastly, Bell Biv DeVoe tore it up!! They didn't miss a beat. U'd think it was 1990 seeing them with the vocals, the dance moves, the outfits. They have a new album coming but u'd think they they'd been touring for years.

Beyonce's performance was good and a bit weird. I'm glad she didn't do any of the crappy songs off her current album.

Ave Maria is on her current album lol. And her performance was exactly the same she does in her 'I am...Tour. (very weird) :boggled:

Edited by Sandy

Yeah, I loved Foxx's outfit reminiscent of MJ's 'Beat It' music video. The Moonwalk wasn't so great though, lol:

foxxmj.jpg

This was my favorite moment: Ciara singing 'Heal The World'. Such a beautiful song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irtnL7Rj17E

Edited by Ale

Yeah, i know "Ave Maria" is on the new album. I saw it as the kinda song she'd perform at The Grammys and not the BET Awards...but i'm glad she did. The over the top costume and everything just seemed kinda akward.

I didn't mind Jamie Foxx and Marlon Wayans giving props 2 MJ becuz In Living Color poked fun at everything. I don't remember anything on on the show (and i own the entire series on DVD) that was truely attacking anyone. It merely poked fun at pop culture and MJ was at the front of it. They made fun of Arsenio Hall (who i was happy 2 see in the audience at the BET Awards) and he had alot of the cast on his talk show back in the day. There are people who outspokenly attacked MJ but i don't think Jamie Foxx or Marlon Wanyans never did that. I loved Marlon's statement "There would be no Wanans without the Jacksons."

I find it very ironic and sad that people blasting MJ in the past (living color etc.) are now trying to s-ck up to MJ.

Yes, I'm looking at you Jamie. How does it feel to be a douche ?

Nonsense. Comedians make fun of celebrities all the time. That doesnt mean they dont respect the person and it definitly doesnt mean they have to live in guilt once the person passes. I'm sure each and every one of us pokes fun at our friends and family, its not ironic if you then attend their funeral when they die, is it?

I thought the show was good.. and to be put together like that at such a short time loved Jamie Foxx he is the man i agree his moonwalk wasn't that good but his outfit was on point... i never was a ne-yo fan but he did an excellent job his ''Lady Of My Life' and the ''I'll Be There'' with jamie was dope that boy can sang lol!! seeing BBD and Teven Campbell again was a nice suprise Jay Z new joint was good the only downside for me was the Drake and lil wane performances uuugghh!!

And i also loved the Shanneneh and Wanda scene Jamie and Martin Lawrence did just hilariouse!