JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

quotes from rapper's who respect will smith

Well Ice Cube matured and realized that Will's dope and Dr. Dre did the score for "Bad Boys 2"

• Members

On Ludacris' new album, "Theatre of the Mind" he quotes Will twice.

on "What them girls like" he says "But you should grab yourself a seat and a whiskey double, because the girls of the world ain't nothin but trouble"

and then on "One more drink" he says "So I, slowly walked up an said 'Hi, My name is Ludacris and I'm a hell of a guy'"....which quotes the jj&fp's "girls ain't nothin but trouble" and "parents just don't understand"

and THEN if that's not enough, on The-Dream's song "Rockin that thang (remix)" Ludacris' verse makes reference to Will's song "candy" when he says "I'm ready to take the milky way to your hershey's kiss"....coincidence?? i think not

sounds like he's just been listening to a lot of Will's records lately or somethin

• Members

On Ludacris' new album, "Theatre of the Mind" he quotes Will twice.

on "What them girls like" he says "But you should grab yourself a seat and a whiskey double, because the girls of the world ain't nothin but trouble"

and then on "One more drink" he says "So I, slowly walked up an said 'Hi, My name is Ludacris and I'm a hell of a guy'"....which quotes the jj&fp's "girls ain't nothin but trouble" and "parents just don't understand"

and THEN if that's not enough, on The-Dream's song "Rockin that thang (remix)" Ludacris' verse makes reference to Will's song "candy" when he says "I'm ready to take the milky way to your hershey's kiss"....coincidence?? i think not

sounds like he's just been listening to a lot of Will's records lately or somethin

Awesome! :)

Ludacris is a dope mc, one of my favs out these days

• Members

Ok, here's the article: http://celebrities.suite101.com/article.cfm/will_smith_the_fame_and_the_respect

Appologies for the delay, but I was waiting for the editors to get back to me. They haven't, still, as yet. So, this isn't final, and can be editted, if so needed. Just wanted to know what people thought.

Many thanks, again, to the people that helped me out with this.

(And feel free to click on the google ads to earn this starving writer a little revenue ;))

I like the article, it's very well written to the point where it's understandable to the average fan that thinks that Will's just this actor that does cheesy pop songs for his movies... That damn Columbia records ruined Will's image as an mc, I mean come on now it's like that skit on "Willenium" with Jaden tellin' Will to put "Wild Wild West" on his album when he had plenty of other great songs for the album(i.e.-"Holla Back"'s one of Will's best songs and it didn't make that album), I think there's a bunch of Keith B-Real's out there just like the skits on the "Big Willie Style" album who hate on Will with their ignorant reasoning(they act like Will forgot about Jazzy Jeff and Philly when he got real famous, they think he don't make real rap music 'cause he don't curse or rap about guns, etc...) and btw I like the reference you made to the "Lost and Found" song as well, it's something fans should take heed to and give Will the credit he deserves as one of the great mcs from the golden era of hip hop that paved the way for it being as big as it is today... Btw I also appreciate that article you written about overcoming writers block, as an aspiring mc who writes rhymes I could feel you on that...

• Members

I like the article, it's very well written to the point where it's understandable to the average fan that thinks that Will's just this actor that does cheesy pop songs for his movies... That damn Columbia records ruined Will's image as an mc, I mean come on now it's like that skit on "Willenium" with Jaden tellin' Will to put "Wild Wild West" on his album when he had plenty of other great songs for the album(i.e.-"Holla Back"'s one of Will's best songs and it didn't make that album), I think there's a bunch of Keith B-Real's out there just like the skits on the "Big Willie Style" album who hate on Will with their ignorant reasoning(they act like Will forgot about Jazzy Jeff and Philly when he got real famous, they think he don't make real rap music 'cause he don't curse or rap about guns, etc...) and btw I like the reference you made to the "Lost and Found" song as well, it's something fans should take heed to and give Will the credit he deserves as one of the great mcs from the golden era of hip hop that paved the way for it being as big as it is today... Btw I also appreciate that article you written about overcoming writers block, as an aspiring mc who writes rhymes I could feel you on that...

Thanks, Ted. That means a lot. I've not 'known' you long on here, but your opinion I appreciate. I was anticipating you replying to this.

I'm just gonna go ahead and publish the final draft then. Thanks again, for your contribution. And giving props on my other article.

Mad respect

- Andy.