JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

quotes from rapper's who respect will smith

In this forum there are a lot of quotes from rappers giving proper respect to Will. Just look around and you will find some. I will try to help u see what we can find.

http://www.publicenemy.com/index.php?page=page3&item=9

"This was before MICHAEL GREENE took over in 1988, a great guy whom immediately instituted the category that year. The winner was JAZZY JEFF AND THE FRESH PRINCE who, just having toured with them for two years, I was happy for. The point was making sure rap was respected…."-Chuck D, who said by JJFP winning the first rap grammy, rap was respected, there's a few other terrordomes too where he gives props to JJFP

I couldn't find that interview on Yahoo.com to find that LL Cool J interview where he said that he wanted to get Will on the track "After School" on his "10" album before he got Diddy on it, he said in there that he and Will been friends for a long time

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mn...sing_19_04_2006

veteran PERCY 'MASTER P' MILLER has warned budding rapper BOW WOW to stop dissing established stars, or face the consequences. Master P, who escaped jail in March (06) after pleading no contest to charges of possessing unregistered firearms, has slammed Bow Wow for starting an argument with his son LIL' ROMEO on record. And Miller was amused when Bow Wow hid behind his bodyguard when the two teen stars came face-to-face at the Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards show on 1 April (06). He tells AllHipHop.com, "We have nothing against Bow Wow. His bodyguard used to work for me so I was hollerin' at him. Romeo wanted to holla at Bow Wow, but he Bow Wow didn't want to talk. "He ran in his trailer. Bow Wow better be lucky he got a good person with him, which is his bodyguard, because Romeo wanted to go in the trailer." Bow Wow, 19, has also launched vitriolic lyrics at a host of big names - and Master P is concerned he will one day be forced to pay for his indiscriminate insults. He continues, "I just think Bow Wow done sold a couple records and got real cocky, and forgot where he came from. He dissed almost everybody in the industry. How you gonna diss WILL SMITH? Then he came back and dissed RONALD ISLEY, OMARION, and now he's taking shots at ROME. "Bow Wow is older now and we from the streets - 14 and 15-year-olds will kill you. When you diss someone, you have to be accountable. To us, when you're 12 years old you're a man in the hood. "So I just think right now (Bow Wow) gotta stop getting beside himself and realise that it's real out here."

There was an interview posted on BBC.com with Jazzy Jeff where Fat Joe came in the studio at the same time and said that everything Will Smith does is money and that both him and Jeff are rap icons

When Lost and Found came out Jay-Z, Nas, and Rakim all came out and showed Will support in an article, it was posted here on this website

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/interv...ic-educator.htm

"I knew Will Smith for years. I've always looked up to him and his contributions to spreading Hip Hop to the world. So, when it was time for him to record a new album, I jumped at the chance.

I had the "Switch" beat and hook on hand before I hooked up with Will. I never had a particular artist in mind for it. The track was so different, I never knew who it was right for. "Switch" was so different I felt Will would be the only artist to pull it off. "-Kwame

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/interv...iphop-moses.htm

"Hip Hop is about young fun, kicking it to girls, dancing, singing along to the lyrics, having a good time, snapping on each other's mothers, pushing a nice car, etc. And the song that is the best at illustrating that is SUMMERTIME. And yawl need to stop sleeping on my man Will, Fix your Face!!!"-Kel Spencer

Now I could think of some songs where Will gets some love:

The Game Feat. Keisha Cole: "Now that's some real s***, Blaze a Philly It's The Summertime, Shoutout To Will Smith, 'cause who didn't wanna be the Fresh Prince?, Flat Top Gold Chain And Some Fresh Kicks"

Foxy Brown "BK Anthem": "Out here in the borough of BK/With Will Smith's chips we get jiggy all day"

Nas "Can't Forget About You": "Can't Forget That The First Rap Grammy Went To Jazzy and Fresh Prince"

Pos from De La Soul Feat. Jazzy Jeff "Clap":"You're Like Will Who Makes The Mills As An Actor/You're The DJ, I'm Still The Rapper"

Rhymefest Feat. Jazzy Jeff "Jeff N Fess": Jeff's the DJI'm the emceeI grab the mic, he punch the MPC

It's like '88I'll play WillHe's The DJ, I'm The Rapper, lookI got skills"

Kanye West Feat. Fabolous "Like This":"I've been fresh since Will Smith was a Fresh Prince"

CL Smooth feat. Jazzy Jeff "All I Know":"If I'm a king that should make you a Fresh Prince"

DMX's "We In Here": "How you gonna jack Will Smith on a beat? That's like jackin' me in the streets, it ain't happening"

You're welcome dude, yeah I wanna see that article when you're done with it, that's what's up

Hey homie I got another quote for ya here too from Skillz where he defends Will from when Eminem made "Real Slim Shady":

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/features/...2/20324313.aspx

"Right. And I didn’t appreciate it. Especially after he had been to Jazzy Jeff’s studio, recorded a song with Jazzy Jeff and Will. You know, who the f**k is going to meet the Fresh Prince and be cocky? We all wanted to be the Fresh Prince. What n***a wouldn’t want the career the Fresh Prince has had? What n***a wouldn’t use that as inspiration?

When he said, “Will Smith don’t have to curse in his raps to sell records but I do/so f**k him and f**k you too,” I was like, nah, B. Not after you was just down there in the studio! I ain’t appreciate that."

Wow! Ted..good stuff bro!

I never never knew Will was gonna be on "After School" with LL Cool J! I think that might be the best track off that album! Ahhhh I wish you could find that interview.

Also, you cant forget about that one guy down at ATOJ who saw Eminem in awe when Will came in the studio..since Em was a fan of JJ+FP!

That LL Cool J interview came out around the time "10" dropped back in the fall of '02, I remember posting it here on this forum a couple years ago, yahoo.com seemed to have deleted a lot of their old stuff I tried looking for it today and couldn't find it, that sucks for real

I also remember that Kool Moe Dee listed Will at #23 in his list of the 50 Greatest MCs and there was an interview posted here with Ice Cube saying that he and Will are very supportive of each others careers

Now when it comes to Eminem yeah I posted that interview from Vibe Magazine a couple years ago with that ATOJ producer C. Haggins(He co-produced 'It's All Good' on "Big Willie Style"), Em got great taste in hip hop music it's just funny how he could put out wack material, lol

Hey homie I got another quote for ya here too from Skillz where he defends Will from when Eminem made "Real Slim Shady":

"Right. And I didn’t appreciate it. Especially after he had been to Jazzy Jeff’s studio, recorded a song with Jazzy Jeff and Will. You know, who the f**k is going to meet the Fresh Prince and be cocky? We all wanted to be the Fresh Prince. What n***a wouldn’t want the career the Fresh Prince has had? What n***a wouldn’t use that as inspiration?

When he said, “Will Smith don’t have to curse in his raps to sell records but I do/so f**k him and f**k you too,” I was like, nah, B. Not after you was just down there in the studio! I ain’t appreciate that."

I never noticed he was saying that, he disappoints me a lot :(

Edited by Romano338

I never noticed he was saying that, he disappoints me a lot :(

You've said before that "Eminem was the best rapper in History for you", and you haven't read the lyrics to 'The Real Slim Shday'? Damn! :lolsign:

• Members

Damn. I'm glad Skillz had the balls to stand up and say that. Not many do, in defence of the Prince.

Great stuff. Skillz is one of my favourite rappers; and one of the most slept-on too!

That LL Cool J interview came out around the time "10" dropped back in the fall of '02, I remember posting it here on this forum a couple years ago, yahoo.com seemed to have deleted a lot of their old stuff I tried looking for it today and couldn't find it, that sucks for real

I also remember that Kool Moe Dee listed Will at #23 in his list of the 50 Greatest MCs and there was an interview posted here with Ice Cube saying that he and Will are very supportive of each others careers

Now when it comes to Eminem yeah I posted that interview from Vibe Magazine a couple years ago with that ATOJ producer C. Haggins(He co-produced 'It's All Good' on "Big Willie Style"), Em got great taste in hip hop music it's just funny how he could put out wack material, lol

Ice Cube mentioned Will in an Hot 97 interview with Angie Martinez...that he has been always the best in everything he does!

The only people who talked **** about him were Eminem and Dr. Dre!