JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Men In Black III in Development

MIB is Will's greatest movie IMO, by far. It's his only 5/5 movie, a real classic, masterpiece.

One of the most original movie concepts ever.

MIIB was decent at the very best, I enjoyed it. But it's very forgettable. So that's a reason why I'm looking forward to MIIIB, it can't be any worse than MIIB. Plus this trilogy needs a closure. The MIB universe is very rich and has endless possibilities. Of course it all depends on the script, like always.

I was looking forward to 2 sequels of Will's, one was MIIIB and the other one is BB3. Now hoping for the other one.

Edited by Typhoon20

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony announced yesterday that they are doing a third installment of the Men in Black series, but there is not word yet whether Will Smith or Tommy Lee Jones are involved.

Details are limited this early on and the production company has only just now started searching for a screenwriter.

Men in Black 3 is scheduled for a summer of 2011 release, piling on an already stacked summer with the releases of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, The Avengers, and Spider-Man 4 all coming out at the same time.

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/304...e-in-the-sequel

"Men In Black" is an awesome and timeless flick that's hard to top, I'd rather see another "Bad Boys" sequel than another "Men In Black"

Sony announced yesterday that they are doing a third installment of the Men in Black series, but there is not word yet whether Will Smith or Tommy Lee Jones are involved.

Details are limited this early on and the production company has only just now started searching for a screenwriter.

Men in Black 3 is scheduled for a summer of 2011 release, piling on an already stacked summer with the releases of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, The Avengers, and Spider-Man 4 all coming out at the same time.

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/304...e-in-the-sequel

If they are serious about realising it, MIB3 without Will & Tommy Lee Jones is a bad idea. One of the factors that made MIB great, was the chemistry between the main actors!

As MIB3 is confirmed for 2011. I found something interesting.

In 2005, Variety magazine mentioned that Sony Pictures was in talks with director Michael Bay to direct Men In Black III.

I hope there is some truth in this, because MIB3 with Michael Bay as a director could be interesting. I rather would love to see BB3, but Smith, Lawrence + Bay seem to be too expensive for Sony! Also I read somewhere that Bay pushed the date for another transformer sequel back to 2012.

• 4 weeks later...