JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tyrese Gibson leaving music behind after Smith talk

Ale

TYRESE GIBSON is turning his back on his music career to focus on Hollywood - after a heart-to-heart with rapper-turned-actor WILL SMITH.

The Transformers hunk had success in singing and modelling before hitting the big screen, but he's now looking to establish himself as a Hollywood A-lister after taking advice from superstar Smith.

And the talk has not only given Gibson a new perspective on his future career - he has a new leaner physique too.

He says, "I had one of the heaviest and deepest conversations with Will Smith and he said to me, 'Tyrese, you are 29 years old, and I just turned 40... If you take this acting thing serious for the next three years it's gonna change your life forever.' So I shut down everything on the music side and I lost about forty six pounds training with Will Smith and his trainer Darrel Forster, and it's just pure film focus now man.

"Everyone in music is trying to transition into Hollywood. I figure I'm here with Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg and all the other A-listers, I can't take the situation for granted anymore, and keep doing movies and music and music and movies... going back and forth. So I just cleared out everything that's got to do with music. I'll totally focus on acting and see how far this takes me."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...%20talk_1096897

Well acting pays the bills, the music industry is in the dumps right now

Ugh, i love Tyrese's music. I was down with him since that Coca-Cola commerical. I like a few of his movies (Baby Boy, Waist Deep, Transformers) but he shouldn't totally stop music. He should at least drop an album if he's gonna focus on movies for 3 years straight. I support his goals, but just don't abandon the music. At least he's taking advice from FP tho' and not just doing it on his own.

Thats why I say this is tragic. He does only not wanna sing anymore, he is also incouraging others to do the same.. that is tragic.. and Tyrese is a really good singer.

no he's not, he just made good records, but he's not what you can realy call a good singer.. i dont even wanna talk about him rapping. he's a crappy actor too, and as far is remember he did enough stuff to be called a a***. lol. what will did is lame, but i'm happy he did it with tyrese. now he just needs to convince him to stop acting. maybe there is a master plan behind this.

no he's not, he just made good records, but he's not what you can realy call a good singer.. i dont even wanna talk about him rapping. he's a crappy actor too, and as far is remember he did enough stuff to be called a a***. lol. what will did is lame, but i'm happy he did it with tyrese. now he just needs to convince him to stop acting. maybe there is a master plan behind this.

:muahaha: