Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rihanna Allegedly Assaulted By Chris Brown

Big Willie

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Rumour: This May Not Be The First Time

Officers are investigating whether the 20-year-old star incorporated an eye patch into her stage costume to cover red swelling caused by damage to her cornea, according to The Sun newspaper.

There are also reports that the star suffered bruising to her neck last December, although the cause of the injury is not known.

Brown, 19, has been charged over an alleged assault on his girlfriend on Sunday morning just hours before they were due to perform at the Grammy Awards.

Rihanna was left with a cut face, a split lip, swelling, bruising and a bloody nose, and also sustained bite marks to her fingers and arms.

The Sun quoted a Los Angeles Police Department source as saying: "We're talking to her friends and management, who say she's appeared with mysterious marks and injuries before, but always refused to explain what happened.

"There was one incident where she suddenly appeared with an eye patch, saying her cornea had been scratched."

Another police source said that Rihanna was beginning to open up about her allegedly volatile relationship with the R'n'B star. "We are investigating if her eye injury could have been caused by Brown. There could be an innocent explanation - but police believe Rihanna has previously refused to make a complaint against Brown," he said.

Rihanna, who is best known for catchy hit Umbrella, sought treatment for her latest injuries at the Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles. But the newspaper claimed that she was reluctant to make a complaint against her partner and had to be talked into contacting police by her mother Monica.

The singer, whose real name is Robyn Fenty, has not been seen in public since the allegations. She has cancelled her 21st birthday party and may need cosmetic surgery to put right the damaged to her face.

Brown handed himself into police on Sunday evening and has been charged with making criminal threats, although it is thought he could face further domestic violence charges.

He has been released on $50,000 (£33,550) bail and is due to appear in court on March 5.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...own-before.html

Although just a rumour, it doesn't get any better for Mr Brown... must be something about the surname.

This is so sad. Maybe most of the news are just rumors but something bad happened that day. I always thought Chris Brown was a nice kid. As you've said his career is downhill from now on.

And about Chris father beating his mom when he was a kid is sad too 'coz it could be the reason of his behavior, kids with violent parents are more likely to behave like that in their adult life. Luckyly there're others like Ty who grow up in the right way. Unfortunally I have a similar problem in my family right now ( my aunt).

Edited by Sandy

Will and Jada Reach Out to Chris and Rihanna

At the NAACP Image Awards on Thursday night, Will Smith told "Extra" that he and his wife are supporting Chris Brown and Rihanna. "Jada and I reached out to both of them," Will said. "If it's help they need, then let's get it right."

Speaking out about the alleged attack involving Brown and Rihanna, Smith commented, "This is a time where they need to be left alone and if they have things they need to work out, work it out."

Smith urged the public to stop speculating about the incident saying, "People should take a minute before they jump on it and judge. We don't know nothing. If there are mistakes people make, then they should be willing to live up to the mistakes and do whatever penance they need to do. I don't think it's up to us, specifically the media, with such a fast hand to try to chop someone's head off."

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2009/02/will..._out_to_chr.php

Rihanna's Dad Speaks Out

RIHANNA'S father says the singer has “some bruising” after the alleged attacked by ex boyfriend CHRIS BROWN.

RONALD FENTY confirmed the Umbrella beauty is recovering in her native Barbados with girlfriends and claimed she will speak out about the incident soon.

Describing her current condition, he said: “There is some bruising. She will be alright. I think so.

“At some point she will speak out.

“I hope she will stand up for women all over the world.

Ronald, a salesman and freelance clothing designer, has now confirmed the pair have now broken up.

Ronald said: "The relationship is over and I am pleased. She doesn't want to speak to Chris. She is being very brave about things and said that she will be back on stage performing soon."

The last time he saw Rihanna and Chris together was in July.

He said: “They seemed pretty happy. I don’t know what went wrong.”

Meanwhile JAY-Z has issued a warning to Chris amid the allegations.

"Chris is a walking dead man. He messed with the wrong crew," he told Us Weekly.

Meanwhile, Kanye West has admitted that he was "devastated" by the news.

"It’s so devastating, that should never happen. I feel like (Rihanna's my baby sis and I would do anything and everything to help her in any situation," he told KIIS-FM.

Chris, 19, allegedly attacked Rihanna, 20, in Los Angeles last weekend after a pre-Grammy's party.

He was arrested and may face charges from the district attorney.

Rihanna has not been seen in public since the incident.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle2239183.ece

Chris Browns Dad Speaks Out

Speaking out for the first time since his son's arrest, Chris Brown's biological father, Clinton Brown, tells PEOPLE his son is at home, reflective and filled with concern.

"He's reflecting on this situation," Brown, 44, a corrections officer, tells PEOPLE in an interview at his home outside Tappahannock, Va. "He's very remorseful. He's very concerned about the situation and he wants to make sure that [Rihanna's] okay.

"This is unfortunate, this stumble, this situation," Brown continues. "Hopefully, he will get past it. We all have our shortcomings. We all trip."

And Brown – who flew to Los Angeles to attend the Grammys with his son but never made it to the show – says there are "two sides to every story."

"If you are on his side, you are on his side," he says. "Just because someone trips, if you are truly a fan, you are not going to demonize him instantaneously."

The 19-year-old singer is under police investigation in Los Angeles for allegedly beating Rihanna, 20, early last Sunday morning.

Bouncing Back?

Brown says he spoke to his son in person on Feb. 12. "Let's just say he's home," Brown said, though he never offered a specific location. "Just know that he's home. He needed some time to get his thoughts together and regroup."

Calling his son a "lovable young man," Brown says he worries about the public backlash following the allegations of assault his son faces.

"This music industry is very unforgiving when it comes to having indiscretions," Brown says. "He will continue to be a good person. He loves people. And like most of us, most humans, things will occur. And hopefully a person won't be judged simply on that alone."

A Good Son

Like Chris's friends, who have spoken about Brown's easygoing nature, his father says Brown was well liked in school. "He had plenty of friends," he says. "All the kids gravitated to Chris."

As for how he feels about his son, Brown says, "As a father, I couldn't be more proud … He's the light of my life."

And, he notes, as a teenager, he still has a lot of maturing to do. "I think he's [going to] grow as an individual," he says. "He's going to take from this situation and learn from it."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20259160,00.html

CB's dad saying Chris is remorseful kinda confirms he did it, and RiRi's father saying she's got bruising doesn't suggest otherwise. Seems to me like the attack wasn't as horrific as reported, but it did actually happen. These two articles are the most believable yet IMO.

Jay-Z on Rihanna: Imagine She's Your Sister or Mom

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20259329,00.html

ok, while I can understand his frustration as her friend/mentor or whatever I can't help but chuckle at the irony of this, b/c I could swear there's a video floating around the net somewhere of Jay slapping the hell out of some girl. I later read he was supposedly "just playing" but it certainly didn't look like it.

as far as Chris & Rihanna, it's pretty much all been said, there's no excuse, i've had family members that've been physically abused, so I have zero tolerance for something like that, even though I do realize nobody's perfect.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20259081,00.html

Will & Jada Offer Support for Chris Brown & Rihanna

Originally posted Friday February 13, 2009 03:00 PM EST

Will Smith and Rihanna Photo by: Soul Brother / FilmMagic; Michael Loccisano / GettyWill & Jada Offer Support for Chris Brown & Rihanna

Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith say they'll do anything for Chris Brown and Rihanna – even if it just means leaving them alone.

"Jada and I reached out to both of them," Smith, 40, tells Extra. "If it's help they need, then let's get it right."

Smith says that the best support right now may be to step back. Brown, 19, is under police investigation in Los Angeles for allegedly beating Rihanna, 20, early last Sunday morning.

"This is a time where they need to be left alone and if they have things they need to work out, work it out," Smith says, urging the public to wait until all the facts are in.

"People should take a minute before they jump on it and judge," he tells Extra. "We don't know nothing. If there are mistakes people make, then they should be willing to live up to the mistakes and do whatever penance they need to do. I don't think it's up to us, specifically the media, with such a fast hand to try to chop someone's head off."

Brown Breaks His Silence

Singer Chris Brown broke his silence Sunday, a week after allegedly attacking his girlfriend, fellow performer Rihanna, on a street in Los Angeles, California.

Chris Brown was arrested February 8 on suspicion of making criminal threats.

Chris Brown was arrested February 8 on suspicion of making criminal threats.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," the 19-year-old said in a statement released by his spokesman. "I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person."

He added, "Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writings under my name are frauds."

Police are investigating the incident.

A spokeswoman for the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office said Wednesday the office needed more information before deciding on whether to charge Brown.

Brown was arrested February 8 -- the day of the Grammy Awards, where he was scheduled to perform -- and booked on suspicion of making criminal threats, the spokeswoman said.

Brown, who did not appear at the awards show, was released from jail that night on $50,000 bail and given a March 5 court date.

Don't Miss

* Chris Brown case ongoing

* Rihanna postpones Friday show

* Sources: Brown's alleged victim was girlfriend Rihanna

Brown's lawyer did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

Police said Brown and a woman were in a vehicle near Hollywood's Hancock Park early February 8 when they became involved in an argument.

The woman "suffered visible injuries and identified Brown as her attacker," police said.

Police did not identify the woman, but sources close to the couple told CNN the alleged victim was his girlfriend, the 20-year-old singer Rihanna, whose full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty.

She has made no public comment. Her spokesman issued only a short statement on the evening of February 8, when she canceled her performance at that night's Grammy Awards. "Rihanna is well," her spokesman said at the time. "Thank you for concern and support."

Police have refused media requests to hear the 911 call that led to their investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/15/chris.brown/

I'm not going to believe everything the media says either. But if it's true this kid needs help to never do that again. I wonder if he was drunk or something (what it's no excuse, of course)

Edited by Sandy

I'm not going to believe everything the media says either. But if it's true this kid needs help to never do that again. I wonder if he was drunk or something (what it's no excuse, of course)

I don't think he was drunk. If he was drunk he's in even more trouble as theres a video on the net of them leaving the pre-Grammy's party, and he's driving. But I doubt he was under the influence, security there wouldn't have let him get in the car.

http://bumpshack.com/2009/02/09/chris-brow...my-party-video/