JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Cassidy on Will Smith

fan 4ever

One thing about Cassidy's comment. Hip-Hop is worldwide...but it's product of the US. Here in the US, this young generation has been raised 2 have pride rather than have confidence. With pride comes self-centeredness, ignorance, and a lack of thinking. I don't think Cassidy really said anything that bad, but it dose comes off as some new jack rapper commenting on a legend in a way that isn't totally respectful. These new guys like Nelly and 50 come out with all this pride which is foolishness. They think they are unstoppable and that nobody can touch them. Since their talent is often non-existent, their careers are short and forgetable. In the meantime, they don't pay respect 4 the legends who took Hip-Hop 2 where it is. FP is a legend...no new cats have the right 2 speak about him without giving him props...period. The same goes for those like LL, KRS, Rakim. These new guys need 2 watch what they say cuz they have nothing on the true skool of Hip-Hop.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Oct 2 2004, 12:55 PM]One thing about Cassidy's comment. Hip-Hop is worldwide...but it's product of the US. Here in the US, this young generation has been raised 2 have pride rather than have confidence. With pride comes self-centeredness, ignorance, and a lack of thinking. I don't think Cassidy really said anything that bad, but it dose comes off as some new jack rapper commenting on a legend in a way that isn't totally respectful. These new guys like Nelly and 50 come out with all this pride which is foolishness. They think they are unstoppable and that nobody can touch them. Since their talent is often non-existent, their careers are short and forgetable. In the meantime, they don't pay respect 4 the legends who took Hip-Hop 2 where it is. FP is a legend...no new cats have the right 2 speak about him without giving him props...period. The same goes for those like LL, KRS, Rakim. These new guys need 2 watch what they say cuz they have nothing on the true skool of Hip-Hop.[/quote]
:werd:

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Oct 2 2004, 12:55 PM]One thing about Cassidy's comment. Hip-Hop is worldwide...but it's product of the US. Here in the US, this young generation has been raised 2 have pride rather than have confidence. With pride comes self-centeredness, ignorance, and a lack of thinking. I don't think Cassidy really said anything that bad, but it dose comes off as some new jack rapper commenting on a legend in a way that isn't totally respectful. These new guys like Nelly and 50 come out with all this pride which is foolishness. They think they are unstoppable and that nobody can touch them. Since their talent is often non-existent, their careers are short and forgetable. In the meantime, they don't pay respect 4 the legends who took Hip-Hop 2 where it is. FP is a legend...no new cats have the right 2 speak about him without giving him props...period. The same goes for those like LL, KRS, Rakim. These new guys need 2 watch what they say cuz they have nothing on the true skool of Hip-Hop.[/quote]
:werd: I'm feeling your points AJ! Cassidy should also recognize that when FP came out he put Philly on the map, disrespecting FP is like disrespecting Philly 'cause he's done so much for that city where he's from. Confidance and respect is what a lot of these new rappers lack, but that's what seperates me from the pack as a young rapper, I have as much respect for the cats that I've grown up listening to as I do in my confidance in delivering my flows, that's why I don't have a record deal 'cause I ain't trying to be a gimmick, I represent with heart for more people than just myself, while a lot of these young mcs only represent themselves. :nhawong: I'm gonna put my time in then gradually I'll get my due the right way!

I do represent my own style, but what I mean by representin' 4 others I mean I'm trying to represent for the struggle that my people I know go through and I bring that energy when I rap rather than being just rappin' to just get myself rich and famous, I wanna help them, I know I could have a deal right now 'cause I got the talent, but the industry ain't representin' that type of emotion that would want me to get in so I ain't gonna change my image to get it, I'm not lookin' to be good enough for a label, I'm looking for a label that's good enough for what I wanna bring to the table, I rap to help change the world into more of a positive place, I know I'll eventually get my due in time, look at DMX it took him almost 15 years rapping before he got signed to Def Jam. BTW, I am well respected by my friends and fam for my rappin', of course there are a few friends that I had that turned their backs on me 'cause my style's too real for them and they're just jealous, I bet they'll wanna be down when I get my own record company though! :roll:

I think that if these new skool fans were properly educated on real Hip-Hop music, u wouldn't see people like Nelly, Ja-Rule, Lil' Scrappy, G-Unit, D12 selling so many records. If they knew what Hip-Hop music waz really about and how could it could be, people wouldn't waste their time and money on the trash they do. It's like the industry is built 2 hold down the real artists.

• Admin
how do you know hip hop if you dont know where its come from? kids these days they know 50 g-unit and thats all.. talk to em abt epmd and they got no idea.. they dont understand the impact public enemy had.. what run dmc did for rap.. etc etc

[quote=Hero1,Oct 4 2004, 06:36 AM]how do you know hip hop if you dont know where its come from? kids these days they know 50 g-unit and thats all.. talk to em abt epmd and they got no idea.. they dont understand the impact public enemy had.. what run dmc did for rap.. etc etc[/quote]
:werd: They should watch the VH1 special this week to learn about the real essence of hip-hop. Do you know what real hip-hop is lambert and if u did, u think that D12 and G-Unit could actually be considered legends, explain it to us 'cause we wanna know how they could stack up against Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, De La Soul, NWA, Get Fresh Crew, Juice Crew, Boogie Down Productions, Eric B. and Rakim, JJFP, Salt-N-Pepa, Run-DMC, Naughty By Nature, Fugees, Beastie Boys, Gangstarr, Nice and Smooth, Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Outlawz, Outkast, Digital Underground, Geto Boys, Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five, Afika Bambattaa and The Zulu Nation, I could go on all day naming groups that're better than them, they can't even hold their own against Rough Ryders or Terror Squad let alone these other groups I mentioned, and I'm only naming groups here that're better than them, I could name a bunch of solo artists too that're better than 50 Cent and Eminem and back it up with proof not propaganda, the only reason why they're hot is 'cause Dr. Dre makes beats for them and it seems like people like beats better than lyrics these days 'cause they ain't sayin' nothin' intelligent when they rap, he should keep those beats and make his own album 'cause he doesn't need them since he's a legend already! Let's see if you could answer my question in a paragraph and not a 2 sentence answer! :werd:

Guest lambertj3
RESPECTFULLY bigted thats YOUR opinion not evryone will agree with you on that maybe on this board yes but everyone on here makes up of about 5% of the world and you can't tell them they know what real hip hop is because its a matter of personal prefference , i can't tell u what real hip hop is because we have a difference of opinion, it's all about PREFERNCE!

real hip hop is real hip hop i don't think it changes because of your different opinion

Guest lambertj3
i think you are missing my point evryone has a difference of opinion about what real hip hop is and you cant tell me what real hip hop is because i may see it differently then you

People like Run DMC were successful when hip hop was nowhere near the popularity it has now and wasn't mainstream people like g- unit etc are just making music for mainstream listeners and 12 year old wana be gansters, that why it's not real hip hop

Guest lambertj3
thats not true g-unit is making hip hop for people who been through what they been through u dont understand , 12year olds are not allowed to listen to them so how are they making it for 12 years old and still being succesful u r wrong