Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Cassidy on Will Smith

fan 4ever

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
[quote=Perry,Oct 1 2004, 06:24 AM]Jesus bloody christ, I never mentioned it took anything away from his talent. I made a comment that he has a simple rhyme scheme. I later made the comment that yes he was from the old school. I posted that first if you remember. You're getting all defensive over Will for no reason. I just said he has a simple rhyme scheme. I never said it was a bad thing. I never said KRS was the greatest lyricist. I never said anything else.

And don't offend me by telling me to read a KRS lics since I've *just started listening to Hip Hop* I didn't know you was the Don of the scene...[/quote]
i still dont get your point? why are you stating he has a simple rhyme scheme? its like saying the sky is blue.. so what???

• Admin
look perry let me break this down for you... me and ted and every1 else assume that when you said will has a simple rhyme scheme.. that you mean thats a bad thing..and we are saying we dont think it is... now if you didnt mean that, what did you?

[quote=lambertj3,Oct 1 2004, 06:54 AM]wow people get hated on for having a difference of opinion lol[/quote]
It's unbeliavable that such a small comment can cause such a fuss huh ?

[quote]i still dont get your point? why are you stating he has a simple rhyme scheme? its like saying the sky is blue.. so what??? [/quote]I take it you didn't read the thread ? Just saw me say will+simple+rhyme and automatically assumed it was a bad thing.

If you read back, somebody got very offended by Cassidy stating Will was lyrically average. I said that will has a great delivery on his words. Will has this uncanny ability to match up sylablle's. He is built on style and the charisma that comes oozing out of him and his music. That's what makes him so great. As far as rhyming goes Will is not the greatest. Then this escalated into everybody being aggressive towards me because I said something that could possibly be taken in a context that dosen't make Will look like the rap God.

[quote]look perry let me break this down for you... me and ted and every1 else assume that when you said will has a simple rhyme scheme.. that you mean thats a bad thing..and we are saying we dont think it is... now if you didnt mean that, what did you?[/quote]

I stated that I didn't mean it as a bad thing many many times during these arguments. I made an entire post explaining that Will is from a differant time in hip hop. But nobody could see past the possibly negative comment.

[quote]U stated he had a simple rhyme scheme we are stating that he doesnt! We have a different opinionjust like you do! I think your getting more defensive than we are.[/quote]

Actually everybody else agree's that Will has a basic rhyme scheme. Everyone knows that he's from a time when Music had a much simpler rhyme scheme, and it wasn't all dependant on being the greatest lyricist, but on style, delivery and personality too. You seem to have a problem admitting it. There's a session at the end of the week...

I dont have a problem admitting anything. He can and does use a complex rhyme scheme. Thats all I making a point of saying. Just coz he doesnt use it all the time doesnt take away from the fact that he doesnt have it. You come across VERY patronising.

I know I haven't been in this discussion but i think that style, delivery and personality are still just as important

[quote=JamesUK,Oct 1 2004, 08:27 AM]I know I haven't been in this discussion but i think that style, delivery and personality are still just as important[/quote]
In Will's case they're more important. They're what makes him Will. And Will delivery, style and personality come across together better and more original than anyone I've ever seen...

What incredible verse has Cassidy spit to give him the right to say that his rhyme scheme is more complex than Will? :dunno: Let's get back on topic here, the truth is that the guy's 19 years old, I'm 19 years old too but I think that my worst song that I wrote when I was 15 has more complexity than "Hotel" did, how does he have a record deal and I don't? :nhawong:

Maybe Will's rhyme scheme is simple compared 2 someone like Mos Def or Q-Tip from Tribe. Or Treach from Naughty Naughty. Regardless, everybody is feelin Will. Like last nite, my bor had me listenin 2 all this udnerground stuff. Truth is, it ain't underground, it'z just Mainstream mixed up. I listened 2 the lyrics more than anything. He thought I wasn't feelin it. I wasn't. I heard what they said. No feel.