JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith: 'My Son Stopped me From Reviving Music Career'

Ale

Will Smith was planning to resurrect his music career - but his son told him not to.

The Men in Black star - whose hit singles include Gettin' Jiggy wit It, Just Cruisin' and Miami - was thinking about going back into music making until his 10-year-old son said he would look like an idiot.

Will says, "I have no music plans going on at all. My son Jaden said, 'Dad, you got some good records from before but I think that's enough.' He's Mr. Reality for me."

Will, 40, has two sons with wife Jada Pinkett-Smith - Jaden Christopher Syre and Willow Camille Reign. He also has a son, Willard Christopher III, with ex-wife Sheree Zampino.

Smith recently revealed he and Jada have no plans to extend their family but are looking forward to becoming grandparents.

He said, "Jada and I sat down and asked, 'Where do we see ourselves?' We went to 40 years from now. We see ourselves some place where there are seasons. That's a big thing for Jada. We think there are mountains. We think we live on a golf course. We don't have more children - we have grandchildren."

http://www.showbizspy.com/180713/will-smit...ng-music-career

Jaden -> :nhawong:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just too sad to hear.. No more Music from Will and he just keeps on sayin it over and over only with a different excuse all the time, I really really thought it was his true passion..

now dont tell me that nothings wrong with that guy. his son is still a child and doesnt really know anything about life.

Jadens always made a strange impression to me.

So a tree stops growing and river flowing just because a child says its stupid. i really thought that he's better than that. it looks like we'll never ever see a new album again.

Jaden had a point there, but Will needs to do what he loves. As a celebrity, you CAN'T get too caught up in mass opinions. You gotta just do you.

Music or movies I love Will, no matter what. It would be hard for me to pick a side since he is so talented at both.

So if he quits music I can live with that. If he quits acting I can live with that too. But not if he quits at both.

Obviously music is what most of us connected to Will 20 years ago. Not only is it Wills true love (rapper actor not the other way around, no matter what Will says) deep down it's also what the majority of the fans prefer about him. If I really REALLY had to pick a side it would be music no doubt. At least the quality of his music isn't dependant on others. His acting career is limited because of the (lack of) talent working WITH him. Seven Pounds along with his recent and most movies aren't on the same quality as Wills acting talent because it's about teamwork, having a great actor isn't enough, you need good writers, directors etc. to lift your career to its potential. So far it's a failure no doubt. What pisses me off is the fact that he still isn't aware of this.

Another thing that bugs me a lot lately is that I'm not feeling Will as much as I would like to. I feel like disconnected to him. I used to care a lot about his work...lately when a movie comes out I don't have the same old excitement anymore. I watch it because I feel obligated to support him and I wish the very best for him but I'm not having a great time while watching one of his movies, especially lately. I Robot, Bad Boys 2 didn't do well critically but at least I enjoyed those movies a lot, the entertainment factor was there.

When he talks serious it really turns me off...sometimes he makes sense but often it feels awkward. I keep asking myself is this the same Prince from a couple of years ago ? Not serious in the ''keeping it real'' style, but weird serious a la Tom.

It's like his Hollywood pals are having a different influence on him. I used to love it when he was surrounded with his Philly friends, especially Jeff. More Jeff less Tom please. Sure the media are hyping things up and are waiting to attack Will and bring him down. But it bugs me a lot when Will isn't aware of that and makes ignorant comments about Scientology and compare it with the Bible and say it's 99% the same. He made a lot of ignorant comments like that in the past couple years. He can say what he wants I really don't care about his personal beliefs, but I'd hate it if those comments would end up killing his career.

He keeps saying he's in his prime now, as an actor. If he keeps making mediocre movies like Hancock, SP etc. he might as well give up on his acting career and focus on his music career. That's what really bugs me. I really wish the best for him and I hope he keeps making movies worthy of his talent. If that happens I can live with him quitting on his music career. But if that doesn't happen it'll really piss me off.

Music or movies I love Will, no matter what. It would be hard for me to pick a side since he is so talented at both.

So if he quits music I can live with that. If he quits acting I can live with that too. But not if he quits at both.

Obviously music is what most of us connected to Will 20 years ago. Not only is it Wills true love (rapper actor not the other way around, no matter what Will says) deep down it's also what the majority of the fans prefer about him. If I really REALLY had to pick a side it would be music no doubt. At least the quality of his music isn't dependant on others. His acting career is limited because of the (lack of) talent working WITH him. Seven Pounds along with his recent and most movies aren't on the same quality as Wills acting talent because it's about teamwork, having a great actor isn't enough, you need good writers, directors etc. to lift your career to its potential. So far it's a failure no doubt. What pisses me off is the fact that he still isn't aware of this.

Another thing that bugs me a lot lately is that I'm not feeling Will as much as I would like to. I feel like disconnected to him. I used to care a lot about his work...lately when a movie comes out I don't have the same old excitement anymore. I watch it because I feel obligated to support him and I wish the very best for him but I'm not having a great time while watching one of his movies, especially lately. I Robot, Bad Boys 2 didn't do well critically but at least I enjoyed those movies a lot, the entertainment factor was there.

When he talks serious it really turns me off...sometimes he makes sense but often it feels awkward. I keep asking myself is this the same Prince from a couple of years ago ? Not serious in the ''keeping it real'' style, but weird serious a la Tom.

It's like his Hollywood pals are having a different influence on him. I used to love it when he was surrounded with his Philly friends, especially Jeff. More Jeff less Tom please. Sure the media are hyping things up and are waiting to attack Will and bring him down. But it bugs me a lot when Will isn't aware of that and makes ignorant comments about Scientology and compare it with the Bible and say it's 99% the same. He made a lot of ignorant comments like that in the past couple years. He can say what he wants I really don't care about his personal beliefs, but I'd hate it if those comments would end up killing his career.

He keeps saying he's in his prime now, as an actor. If he keeps making mediocre movies like Hancock, SP etc. he might as well give up on his acting career and focus on his music career. That's what really bugs me. I really wish the best for him and I hope he keeps making movies worthy of his talent. If that happens I can live with him quitting on his music career. But if that doesn't happen it'll really piss me off.

No truer words have been spoken, this is frustrating

He didn't really take this order from his son. He was probably laughing when he said this. It ain't the first time he's blamed Jaden for his music!

Whatever though, the whole thing is real irritating. He can beat around the bush all he wants, the fact is he just wants to win at everything he does. He wants an Oscar and he hasn't gone platinum in a while. That need to be number one is a big reason we won't be hearing new music. Compare what he was saying during the Lost & Found period to now. Was everything he said BS? No, but he's done his hardest over the last few years to convince you that it was.

He's made it hard for me to care what he does, period. It seems like if you want to be a Will Smith fan, you better hope he's doing something he's gaining attention from or he'll move onto something else and say that's what he really wants to do.

Edited by Silver Tiger