JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Seven Pound Reviews

Radewart

The reviews are starting to coming in this week from major critics and they aren't looking too pretty. I'm sorry to say it, but it looks like Will has a dud on his hand. Not just critically, we're use to that, but I think this will end his 100 million streak.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28256883/

http://charlotte.creativeloafing.com/gyrob...tent?oid=487824

http://www.citypages.com/2008-12-17/movies...m-seven-pounds/

Edited by Radewart

Reviewers never know what they are talking about. We all have opinions. They just happen 2 get paid 2 share there's. I rarely agree with any reviews. I'm not even in a rush 2 read 'em.

I never read the critics, because most of the time I disagree with them. This time for this movie the golden globes forgot about Will and thats pretty sad because he will continue making this type of movies till he gets an Oscar (yeah, Ill keep on saying that). Im not really interested in this movie or its critics for that matter, but it would be pretty sad to see Will's mark turn to an end with this..

I'll say it again. This is the first Fresh Prince movie i've really wanted 2 see since Happyness or Hitch. I'm sure this movie will do better than Hancock and I Am Legend....and i'm VERY sure it'll be better.

Ok, now the DVD Screener has arrived to the net, so It shouldn't be long before we see more reviews from the ordinary moviegoer, and it's often those who share my opinion... I rarely agree with critics... I'm gonna try to stay away from the screener, but I'm sure I'll cave in and download it in a few hours... If the movie sucks, I won't see it in theaters, but if it's good I will...

• Admin

I'll say it again. This is the first Fresh Prince movie i've really wanted 2 see since Happyness or Hitch. I'm sure this movie will do better than Hancock and I Am Legend....and i'm VERY sure it'll be better.

There's no way this movie will make 600-700 million worldwide like hancock and legend..and I'll bet my entire jjfp collection on that

Reviewers never know what they are talking about. We all have opinions. They just happen 2 get paid 2 share there's. I rarely agree with any reviews. I'm not even in a rush 2 read 'em.

well they know what they are talking about.. there is a lot of stuff you can learn about movies that most of us dont know a thing about.. i mean i dont agree with them often ether, but its not that they "just" getting paid for theyr opinion..

Well reviewers aren't always right but the quality of a movie is determined by them, so essentially they are the most objective voice as can get. There are still a bunch of critics full of prejudices but overall they are often right.

Hey I like the Bad Boys series, I liked II even though critics hated it. When it comes to action movies I rarely listen to critics because they view the movie from an artistic POV, I watch it for entertainment value. But when I watch a drama that's supposedly made from an artistic POV I'll watch it from an artistic POV too and that's when I value critics a lot.

Like in this thread, a lot of members go ''I never listen to the critics or critics are always wrong yada yada'' but honestly

how many of us say that because of denial ? Because we can't take criticism targeted at our boy Will ? Bad taste in movies is another reason. How many of us would have replied the same way had the critics liked it a lot ? Yeah, thought so.

About Will, he made this choice. Nobody forced him into it, it's his prime, remember ?

So either he learns from his mistakes and grows as an actor (not just by acting but picking the right scripts and working with good directors) or he keeps making one mediocre movie after another.

Edited by Typhoon20

Well reviewers aren't always right but the quality of a movie is determined by them, so essentially they are the most objective voice as can get. There are still a bunch of critics full of prejudices but overall they are often right.

Like in this thread, a lot of members go ''I never listen to the critics or critics are always wrong yada yada'' but honestly

how many of us say that because of denial ? Because we can't take criticism targeted at our boy Will ? Bad taste in movies is another reason. How many of us would have replied the same way had the critics liked it a lot ? Yeah, thought so.

I don't listen to critics because they don't know what the hell they're talking about. I make up my own mind when it comes to movies. Critics slammed Smokin' Aces. I love that movie. I personally don't care what movie is chosen for the Oscar for best movie, The Dark Knight was the best movie of 2008.

That being said, I'll see Seven Pounds and I'll judge for myself whether it's bad or not. I saw Bagger Vance. It was bad. Wild Wild West was bad. While I enjoyed Hancock I can definitely see why people didn't enjoy it. Same goes for IAL.