JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Should CD's change their cases?

Silver Tiger

Yesterday I picked up Willenium and BTR. Both of them had cracks in the casings. With Willenium, the ring in the middle of the case that holds CD came broken. As a matter of fact, most of my CD cases have something wrong with them. And I don't treat them rough.

What this got me to think of is, maybe CD cases should get a permenant change. My idea is that they should change them to something similair to that of a DVD or video game case, only the same size as the cases currently are.

Think about this. Instead of making two different pieces of plastic to snap together they'd only need one. No more casings breaking in two. The cost of making these things is already dirt cheap as it is.

What do you think of this? If I was in the position to be able to start this I'd be making a lot of money. Your thoughts...

God Blessa!

It is kinda silly 2 not check the case b4 buying it. In the past year, i've probably bought 2 and later thought "what an knobjockey, why didn't i check 4 cracks?!?" :roll: I buy so many CDs tho' that it's not really that bad. I don't see how or why they would re-design how the package CDs.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Sep 5 2004, 03:55 PM]It is kinda silly 2 not check the case b4 buying it. In the past year, i've probably bought 2 and later thought "what an knobjockey, why didn't i check 4 cracks?!?" :roll: I buy so many CDs tho' that it's not really that bad. I don't see how or why they would re-design how the package CDs.[/quote]
[img]http://www.grandcentralmusic.com/mall/audiovideo/images/dvdcase250.jpg[/img]

Now imagine the case the size of your regular CD cases. DVD casing is also not so hard so it doesn't just crack and scratch so easily.

God Blessa!