JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith visits the Herald newsroom (and talks about that "Oldboy" remake)

Ale

01vw7.jpg

Will Smith and his Seven Pounds co-star Rosario Dawson stopped by The Herald's newsroom this afternoon to talk about the film. Normally, I would have interviewed them at some fancy hotel (usually this one), but a studio publicist told me Will didn't want to be cooped up all day and preferred to come to us, instead of the other way around.

I chatted with both of them about Seven Pounds for a story that will run next month. I also briefly asked Smith about that Oldboy remake he and Steven Spielberg are reportedly preparing. Here's what Smith had to say:

Q: So is this Oldboy remake really happening? Because I can't quite picture you playing that character, considering how the movie ends and where the story goes.

A: We're working from the original source material. That element you're talking about - what's in the movie - is actually a deviation from the original source material. That was their artistic choice, and it worked for that market, but it was actually a deviation. We haven't even started getting into it yet, though.

On his way out of the newsroom, Smith graciously agreed to make a surprise appearance at the editors' news meeting and say a boisterous hello to a slightly startled Herald Executive Editor Anders Gyllenhaal, pictured below.

02jz4.jpg

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/reeling/200...smith-visi.html

WILL SMITH VISITS PATIENTS AT MIAMI CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL

Actor Will Smith visited the Miami Children's Hospital playroom on Monday, November 17, 2008, spreading cheer to young patients and their families. Smith is currently on tour promoting his new film “Seven Pounds.”

h1nm3.jpg

MIAMI - Michael Reyes, an MCH patient, rapped along with Will Smith to the theme song of “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”

h2yy7.jpg

MIAMI - The multitalented star gave away various videos and toys to MCH patients before taking pictures with each child in attendance.

h3db8.jpg

http://www.mch.com/press/EN/184/WILL-SMITH...s-Hospital.aspx