Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jaden Smith set for 'Karate Kid' redo

Ale

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Karate Kid' sequel: 'We've been talking about it for weeks.'

When your $40 million movie bows to $56 million, of course you’re going to start thinking about how to make a sequel. And Sony Pictures is indeed putting things into place. The studio confirmed yesterday that plans to reunite Jaden Smith with his star-making role as Dre Parker have been in the works for weeks. No writers have yet been hired, but the studio’s production president Doug Belgrad said, “We’ve been talking about it for weeks already. We didn’t want to jinx anything but we knew we had a playable movie and we were pretty excited about it. So we’re already kicking ideas around.”

Director Harald Zwart added, “I would absolutely love to do a sequel. I think working with those guys was the best part of my career. So yeah, if they want me, I would love to do it again.”

No word on ideas yet for the sequel, or even if the Smith clan would return to China for number two. But it’s clear we have not seen the last of Dre Parker.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/06/16/karate-kid-sequel/

Edited by Ale

There will most certainly be a sequel. I don't want to provide any spoilers, but for anyone who is interested, read about the beginning of the original Karate Kid 2 on Wikipedia and then check out these pictures of the Karate Kid 2010 remake. http://jackiechan.com/blog/834296--Wrapping-Kung-Fu-Kid

Either there will be a sequel or there will be some great scenes on the DVD release that were cut out from the cinematic release. :wave2:

Edited by MaxFly

I was going to see the movie last week but my 3 little nephews saw the commercials on TV and begged me to take them to it so I'm planning on seeing it this weekend with them. Looking forward to it especially after all those positive vibes.

On a side note, does Jackie have the best celebrity website ever or what. I wish Will's site was like that.
It's pretty entertaining to read his blog and all his updates.

Guest delmas194

I was going to see the movie last week but my 3 little nephews saw the commercials on TV and begged me to take them to it so I'm planning on seeing it this weekend with them. Looking forward to it especially after all those positive vibes.

On a side note, does Jackie have the best celebrity website ever or what. I wish Will's site was like that.

It's pretty entertaining to read his blog and all his updates.

yeahhh i was thinking so , jackie has a wonderfull site ....fantastic graphics , amazing photoes great jc diary nice .....will and others celebrity have to follow the example !!!!!

Will should personally put somebody in charge of his publicity on the internet.. If he does that, I bet he will never get any competition in hollywood where he already has it all!

I hope that when Willow grows up she learns that that hairstyle does not help her with her ears lol..

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

she was so cute with the long hair with braids...

Edited by Sandy