JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jada/Fam/Misc

MissAshley

It's Will and Jada's personal life they can do whatever they want but out of all the Hollywood people I felt Will&Jada were probably the only solid couples and who I could see together 4ever. I hope this is false news I really do but either way god bless both and of course their children

TMZ (although not the most accurate) implies its not true. I think this is just media hype.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/23/will-smith-jada-pinkett-smith-separate-marriage-jaden-willow-divorce/
-------------------
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have separated ... this according to In Touch Weekly.

Will and Jada have been married for 13 years and have two extremely famous children together -- Jaden and Willow.

Will has another son, Trey, from a previous marriage.

TMZ placed a call to Jada's rep, Karynne Tencer, who told us ... "What? In Touch said that? I know nothing about this ... Lord. I'm going back to bed."

Curious reaction.

Will Smith and Jada

"OUR MARRIAGE IS INTACT"

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith just released a joint statement SHOOTING DOWN a report that they have separated.

The statement reads, "Although we are reluctant to respond to these types of press reports, the rumors circulating about our relationship are completely false."

The two add, "We are still together, and our marriage is intact."

TMZ again tho im afraid, seems its not true but i need a better source than TMZ

• Members

Jazzy Julie why are you so worried?How this news(truth or not)going to change your life LOL?
And don't worry this is not true,of course,because they can't let this to happen.They spoke sooooo many,many times about their marriage (and their sex life btw)and how it's perfect that they simply can't divorce ever!Even if they are miserable(and I DON'T say that they are)they will stay together because they build such perfectly picture of their life that they can't ruin it,no way!So relax people and let's go back to story about Will's comeback !

• Members

I know its very likely to not be true, but imagine if it was how Will and Jada would feel. I cant follow the man for 12 years and not care about his feelings.

They would feel like millions of other people all over the world who are going thought divorce,right?And when somebody decide to divorce that means that he/she wasn't happy in that marriage,so this is not the end of the world.And as I said I don't get how anybody could imagine that this is truth.They would never get divorce because they are think about their image little too much(and of course because they are happy I guess)so there's no reason to be worried!Btw,Will got thought one divorce and he survived(remember Sheree LOL)

I found this on AOL News...

Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith Split? Couple Separating: Report UPDATE: Couple Denies Report

First Posted: 8/23/11 10:31 AM ET Updated: 8/23/11 03:55 PM ET

follow-arrow.png
Celebrity Splits , Jada Pinkett Smith , Will Smith , Will Smith Jada Pinkett Smith Kids , Will Smith Jada Pinkett Smith Marriage , Will Smith Jada Pinkett Smith Separating , Slidepollajax , Will Smith Jada Pinkett , Celebrity News
UPDATE IV: Smith and Pinkett have put out a statement denying the rumors, saying, "Although we are reluctant to respond to these types of press reports, the rumors circulating about our relationship are completely false. We are still together, and our marriage is intact."
_____
UPDATE III: Pinkett's representative issued a statement through Entertainment Tonight, saying, "Everything about the Marc Anthony story is completely false, but we are not commenting on whether they are separating or not."
_____
UPDATE II: Will's son Trey denied the story via Twitter earlier in the day, saying: "Will and Jada getting a DIVORCE ..NOT TRUE AT ALL !! RETWEET"
_____
UPDATE: When contacted about the story by TMZ, Pinkett's rep said, "What? In Touch said that? I know nothing about this... Lord. I'm going back to bed."
Radar Online quotes a family member, who asked not to be identified, as saying, “No way are they splitting up. They are totally together and are not separating."
_____
PREVIOUSLY:
In Touch Weekly is reporting that Will Smith and Jada Pinkett are separating. Their reps have not confirmed the story.
The pair, who met when Pinkett auditioned for "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air," married on December 31st, 1997. They have two children together, budding pop stars Jaden and Willow, and Pinkett is the step mother of Smith's older son from a previous marriage, Trey.
Speaking to YourTango in 2007, Pinkett described how they first got together.
"After we had known each other for many years, we went out for dinner one night with mutual friends and I saw that he had grown from this lanky kid to this really responsible man," she said. "We started courting each other and our friendship turned into romance."
In 2008, Smith spoke with Ellen Degeneres about their marriage, which he implied would last forever.
"What I found is divorce just can't be an option," he said. "It's really that simple. And I think that's the problem with L.A. – there are so many options. So a huge part of the success for [Jada] and I is that we just removed the other options."
Whether it was cause or effect is uncertain, but that dedication certainly coincided with an active sex life, including a romp on the way to the Oscars in 2010.
Speaking to Uptown Magazine in June, Pinkett said, "People think that Will and I don’t spend a lot of time together. Too much time, actually, if you ask me. It’s always nice to have a little time apart. Sometimes you need that.”