JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jada/Fam/Misc

MissAshley

Jada Pinkett Smith, LL Cool J join 2011 Golden Globe presenters

HawthoRNe and NCIS: Los Angeles stars Jada Pinkett Smith and LL Cool J (Todd Smith) have signed on to present at the 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards.

Joining a list of presenters that includes Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl, Country Strong) and Matt Damon, Pinkett Smith and LL Cool J will assist in handing out awards including Best Original Song.

As previously reported, Carrie Underwood, Christina Aguilera and Cher are among those nominated for Golden Globes this year for their efforts both onscreen and off, including 'Burlesque'.

Bruce Willis, Scarlett Johansson, Garrett Hedlund, Jennifer Lopez and Robert Pattinson will also present.

The 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards air Sunday, January 16 at 8pm on NBC.

http://www.examiner.com/urban-pop-in-national/jada-pinkett-smith-ll-cool-j-join-2011-golden-globe-presenters

Nice to see Jaden giving a little bit to make the world a better place. Im telling yall, Will and Jada are going to make sure that these kids bring something good to the world.

Willow Smith is reportedly working with DJ Jazzy Jeff on her upcoming material.

Rapper Skillz told BET that he has been recruited to pen lyrics for Willow's songs, while Jeff, who previously scored a number of hits with Will Smith as DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, has been hired to produce tracks for the 10-year-old's untitled debut album.

Skillz said: "Me and Jazzy Jeff are... working on some stuff for Willow Smith's album. I worked with her dad on a few projects before so you know I have a relationship with him.

"It was just a natural progression, like, they're doing music so, you know, that door's always open. I'd be crazy not to try to walk through it, so we're working on some stuff."

Last month, it was reported that Willow is planning on covering her father's 1988 single 'Parents Just Don't Understand'.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a296737/willow-smith-to-team-with-dj-jazzy-jeff.html

Jada and the kids are nominated for 2011 NAACP Image Awards

Jada:

Outstanding Drama Series
Detroit 1-8-7
ABC
Grey's Anatomy
ABC
HawthoRNe
TNT
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
NBC
Treme
HBO

Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series
Chandra Wilson
Grey's Anatomy
ABC
GuGu Mbatha-Raw
Undercovers
NBC
Jada Pinkett Smith
HawthoRNe
TNT
Regina King
Southland
TNT
Wendy Davis
Army Wives
Lifetime

Willow:

Outstanding New Artist
B.o.B
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
Bruno Mars
Elektra Records
Jason Derulo
Warner Bros. Records
Nicki Minaj
Young Money/Cash Money/Universal Motown
Willow
Roc Nation/Columbia Records

Outstanding Music Video
Fistful of Tears
Maxwell
Columbia Records
Soldier of Love
Sade
Epic Records
Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)
Alicia Keys
J Records
Whip My Hair
Willow
Roc Nation/Columbia Records
Why Don't You Love Me
Beyoncé Knowles
Columbia Records

Jaden:

Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture
Anthony Mackie
Night Catches Us
Magnolia Pictures
Common
Just Wright
Fox Searchlight Pictures
Denzel Washington
The Book of Eli
Warner Bros. Pictures
Jaden Smith
The Karate Kid
Columbia Pictures
Morgan Freeman
Red
Summit Entertainment

I think they'll be in Europe when the show airs, so I'm not sure they'll make it

Edited by MissAshley

Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Muse Added To Grammy Show

Usher, Jaden Smith, B.o.B, Janelle Monae and Lady Antebellum will also perform on February 13.

While Willow Smith is the one who made music headlines with "Whip My Hair" last year, it's her brother, "Karate Kid" actor Jaden Smith, who will take the stage at the upcoming 53rd Grammy Awards in a special performance alongside Usher and Justin Bieber, with whom he collaborated on the song "Never Say Never" last summer.

The trio joins a list of new performers added to the show on Thursday (January 20) that will also include another power trifecta made up of B.o.B, Bruno Mars and Janelle Monáe, according to a press release from the Recording Academy announcing the additions to the February 13 telecast from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Also taking the stage next month will be nominees Muse and Lady Antebellum. They will join a roster of previously announced performers that includes Eminem, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Arcade Fire, Cee Lo Green and Miranda Lambert. It will be the first time on the Grammy performance stage for Bieber, B.o.B, Lambert, Mars, Monáe, Muse and Smith. Eminem, Green, Gaga, Perry, Usher and Lady Antebellum will be making return visits for the occasion.

While 11-time Grammy winner Eminem leads the pack in nominations this year (with 10 nods), Mars has seven nominations, and Gaga and Lady Antebellum are not far behind with six nods each. B.o.B has notched five, Perry and Green are each up for four, and Arcade Fire and Lambert are vying for three awards. Bieber, Muse, Usher and Monáe are each nominated for two Grammys.

No details of the collaborative performances were released, but the Grammy announcement promised a rare, never-before-seen event for the Mars, B.o.B and Monáe segment.

With the addition of Antebellum, all five Album of the Year nominees (Eminem, Arcade Fire, Gaga, Perry) are now scheduled to perform on the show. Additional performers, presenters and special segments will be announced soon.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1656279/justin-bieber-bruno-mars-muse-added-grammy-show.jhtml

Edited by Ale