JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jada/Fam/Misc

MissAshley

Actor Jaden Smith (L) and sister actress Willow Smith arrive at the premiere of Summit Entertainment's 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' during the 2010 Los Angeles Film Festival at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on June 24, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.

Pics!

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&assetType=image&ebd=2010-06-24&p=jaden%20smith

Edited by Ale

I saw that last night I thought it was a great interview and her legs are out of this world lately!! I love how they take my attention to whats going on with her hair..lol

• 2 weeks later...

'HawthoRNe's' Michael Vartan gets it on with Jada Pinkett Smith

michaelvartanjadapinket.jpg

As fans of the sophomore TNT medical drama "HawthoRNe" know, the episode that aired on Tuesday (July 6) was a tumultuous one for Michael Vartan's character, surgeon Dr. Tom Wakefield.

Spoiler Alert: If you haven't seen it yet, stop reading now.

It began with an auto accident that injured Wakefield and killed his pal Paul (Kenneth Choi), and ended with Wakefield in a passionate clinch with head nurse Christina Hawthorne (Jada Pinkett Smith) that culminated in him proposing marriage.

"The good doctor is having a hands-on relationship with the head of nursing," Vartan tells Zap2it. "It's television. I guess it was just a matter of time, and they decided to do it now rather than later. Tom and Christina are getting it on."

Asked if this plot twist is going to cause any problems with Smith's husband, actor Will Smith, Vartan says, "I don't think so. Even last year, we liked to joke that Will is our ghost producer, because, although his name isn't on the actual project, he definitely lends his talent to it, which is great.

"The more Will Smith you can get, the better off you are. He, from the get-go, realized you can go two ways on TV. You can either do the 'Moonlighting' thing and keep the characters apart forever and let the audience beg for them together -- 'Alias' kind of did that between my character and Jennifer Garner's -- or you can just do it.

"I think the reason they chose to go for it, in our case, is the work environment is is so intense that a peaceful, sweet little love story is almost impossible. That's why they decided to do it, because it does bring so much conflict in between the two, with the power struggle in their positions, the hierarchy, all that stuff."

As for not-so-sweet love story itself, Vartan says, "They have a full-on, very complicated, very passionate, very physical, very messy, very aggressive, full of fights and make-ups and break-ups, very fun, kind of nuts, relationship."

Since Will Smith is fine with all this, that leaves the question of Vartan's fiancee, Lauren Skaar, whom he met in a Whole Foods parking lot when he "went up to her and begged her to take my email. She did, and the rest is history. She had no idea who I was, which made it even better."

According to Vartan, the "HawthoRNe" love scenes won't be a problem for Skaar.

"She's a mature, wonderful young lady," says Vartan, "who understands the sometimes not-so-fun part of my business."

But the future might be another matter.

"I'll tell you this," Vartan says, "now that I am getting married, I will definitely not be down for that anymore. Before, I didn't care; it was part of the job. If it's going to make the person I'm in love with feel really uncomfortable, I totally get it. I wouldn't want her to do it, so I have to honor that commitment."

But Vartan is still a showbiz realist.

"Look," he says, "if someone comes knocking on my door for 'Titanic 2,' and they're offering me $2 million to do it, and there's a love scene, I'll sit my fiancee down and say, 'Honey, this will pay for the kids' college tuition, so let's just do it.'

michaelvartanjadapinket.jpg

"Love scenes, they're so completely unromantic. As you know, there's a crew of 30 around. There's a boom microphone up your rear end. It's more of a mechanical exercise than anything. But it's still not fun for the other person.

"This is the first time I've ever been committed and having to do a love scene with anyone, and I can only imagine how it would make her feel. Can't be fun. I wouldn't like it, for sure."

Vartan says that the women in question have a relationship of their own.

"Lauren has met Jada several times," he says, "and they love each other. They're good friends. Lauren knows what a wonderful wife Jada is to Will and what an amazing relationship they have. This is so not dangerous, because these are two people who are madly in love with their spouses.

"They're just going to have to do this for a couple of hours on set, and both parties understand that it's completely a professional situation."

As for Vartan's real-life romance, he says he and Skaar are planning to wed next April in Newport, Beach, Calif.. It might be by the sea or in a hotel, but it won't be on a boat.

"A boat could be a logistical nightmare," Vartan says. "Can you imagine, at the moment where the bride is supposed to say 'I do,' she vomits on me?"

Photo credit: TNT

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/07/hawthornes-michael-vartan-gets-it-on-with-jada-pinkett-smith.html

TNT & TBS Stars Hit TV Guide Magazine's Photo Booth

With Jada Pinkett Smith on his lap and her hubby in the house, HawthoRNe's Michael Vartan pleaded, "Let me know if Will's coming." On the show, "Tom and Christina are quite a steamy combo this season," says Pinkett Smith.

http://www.tvguide.com/PhotoGallery/TV-Guide-Magazine-1020431#1020537

Edited by Ale

Check out Willow's first interview:

Willow Smith – Star of the Future!
Friday 16 July, 2010

Will and Jada Smith’s daughter, nine-year-old Willow is a little lady with big ambitions. Watch this space!

Remember the name Willow Smith – we predict she’s going to be a huge star (and a style icon) of the future. In between making movies and working on her debut album, she’s rocking a fierce style and becoming quite the fashion sensation. She arrived at our interview in covetable Converse hi-tops with gold spikes, a stonewash denim jacket and the coolest hair cut - shaved at both sides with a mini Mohawk.

She’s no Hollywood brat though – she’s totally adorable, polite, well spoken and slightly shy. (Plus she’s taught us a cute new phrase - when we like something we’re going to say it’s “the stuff” from now on.)

We chatted about her dreams of becoming a designer, what it’s like being an underage A-lister and, of course, her very funny dad…

We hear you have an album in the pipeline - how’s it going?

We’re working on it. It’s going good. I always talk to my mum and dad about it and they say it’s coming together and I’m like, "yay!” And my dad always gives me loads of good advice.

Do you listen to your dad’s music?

Yes I do – a lot. He has so many songs, he has hundreds. He has been writing all his life. He started when he was 12.

You have also starred in a few films (alongside mum in Madagascar as voice of Baby Gloria and alongside dad in I Am Legend) Do you prefer singing or acting?

Right now I’m focusing on the music but I don’t really know yet.

We love your style. Do you choose your own outfits?

People help put outfits together for me and then I chose which one I want to wear or my mum says: “trust me and just wear this!” I really trust her.

Lots of people say you are like a mini Rihanna. How does that make you feel?

All my friends are like, "Hi Rihanna" and I’m like, "I’m not Rihanna!" I’ve got my own thing going on!

Are there any stars whose style you love?

Lady Gaga is the stuff! And Prince.

Where do you like to shop?

In the US it’s Bloomingdales, I love it. I also like H&M, Forever 21 and Love Culture.

Is there anything mum and dad won’t let you wear or do you have free reign?

Oh no, I do not have free reign! I’m totally not allowed to wear thigh-high boots or anything short. I tend to wear skinny jeans a lot.

We love your shaved hair. Was that your decision?

Yes. Well first we did a bob and I didn’t like it that much so I said we should shave it off the side and have one big bit coming over and then I decided I wanted a bit off the other side, so my mum just cut it off. I feel naked on my head!

And does it take a long time to look after or can you just get up and go?

I have to brush it, put product it in, sculpt it the way I want it…. but it’s worth it.

We saw pictures of you at your brother’s LA premiere for Karate Kid - you look fantastic. Your baggy trousers and the loud colours looked a bit like what your dad wore in his Fresh Prince of Bel Air days…

Well The Fresh Prince was just hilarious! I don’t see the resemblance but I do like the big flowy trousers!

Your mum has amazing style. Does she ever let you raid her wardrobe?

I borrow her jeans sometimes. I just take them and say, ‘mum I borrowed your jeans!’ She doesn’t mind.

Madonna’s daughter Lourdes has just launched her own fashion line. Would you ever like to design clothes?

Oh yes, very much. I always draw clothes at home. I have a sewing machine and I have made my own pyjamas – they’re pink with Christmas frogs on. It would be cool to have my own line in the future.

How does it feel being famous and on the red carpet?

I’m really not used to people screaming out my name and all the flashing cameras. It’s overwhelming sometimes! But if I feel like that, my mum is like “step over to the side and come over here with me.”

Is it fun getting ready for those red carpet events?

Most girls like to dress up and I do not. I like to wear jeans t-shirt and shoes and I just wanna roll.

How do you fit school around your busy schedule?

I’m doing summer school right now with my brother and it’s fun. I love writing and I love math. We catch up on school when we have the time.

Do you ever get homesick?

I like being so many places – I like LA and my house is there but it’s fun to go new places. New York is the stuff – it’s just awesome and the shopping there is amazing.

Your dad is a comedy genius. Is he that funny at home?

Oh yes he is! (giggling) He is really funny! One time, me and my brother and mum were watching Fourth Kind, the movie about aliens, and my dad was hiding behind the couch and he jumped up on my granddad and he jumped – he was so scared! It was so funny!

What do you do together as a family?

We chill out and watch movies together. We also go to concerts so I can analyse the performances and see what’s going on – it’s like my homework.

What do you love about your parents the most?

They are very understanding. When I am having a rough time I can go to them and if I’m in trouble they don’t get mad, they just tell me what do and give me advice.

http://www.instyle.co.uk/news/willow-smith-star-of-the-future-16-07-10

Edited by gosia